Report: Liddell and Silva reach verbal agreement

UFCJunkie.com is reporting that a source close to Chute Boxe has stated that a verbal agreement has been reached between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva to fight at UFC 76 in Anaheim, Calif. in late September.

The report states that the two fighters have agreed on “numbers” for the bout and the fight will likely be signed once Silva returns to the U.S.

To read the full report, just click here.

• says:

Verbal agreement? I’d pay more to witness that conversation than I would for their fight! Seriously, I’ll bet those were some entertaining negotiations; all one sylable words. I wonder if there is mutual respect between the two, or if there’s any bad blood due to all of the anticipation. This fight is gonna be really exciting. I can’t wait to see what sort of promotional work Dana does behind this one.

• says:

To my knowledge there’s no bad blood between the two. From what I understand, they respect each other. However, both guys are ultra-competitive and enjoy fighting and since their names have been linked to each other for so long they both want to go out there and prove who is better. Liddell has been dying for this fight for years and I don’t think he’d be too picky about the terms for making it happen.

• says:

Well, while I won’t believe it fully until they are actually in the octagon fighting, I will say Amen to that report and hope that if finally happens. And this card looks to be SICK!!! If it all comes together.

• says:

[...] Everyones talking about it, lets just hope its true. [...]

• says:

My hope is that the Silva that demolished Rampage x2 and took 300lb K-1 Champion Mark Hunt to a split decision shows up… and not the sluggish, fragile Silva that got tooled for 3 rounds before getting KO’d by a 185′er….

Why is it that I seem to be holding my breath whenever my favourite fighters fight these days? CroCop.. Nog.. W.Silva.. GSP.. gah.

• says:

Can someone please translate whats found at the above address…Hoping/Guessing its confirmation of the fight.

• says:

Having put the portugese into babel fish and translated it into english it says the fight is confirmed for the 22 September!

• says:

its not happening , go to sherdog.com and find out for yourself