Ranallo and Quadros to announce first ShoXC card

Showtime and Pro Elite officially announced the launch of the new ShoXC MMA television show to take place on July 27 at 11 p.m. ET from the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif.

The broadcast will last two hours in duration and feature up to five fights, including a main event featuring Edson Berto vs. K.J. Noons and Aaron Wetherspoon vs. Jeremiah Miller in a match to unify the King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge welterweight titles.

The official announcement confirmed several rumors that have been making the rounds in the last week that Mauro Ranallo will be handling play-by-by with Stephen Quadros handling the color commentary.

The two have been mainstays on the Pride telecasts in the past, just never at the same time. It will be awesome to hear those two working together.

• says:

I love the idea behind these shows. They are a great way to promote Elite XC with much smaller costs compared to a full blown event.

• says:

Kris, I agree 100%. Noons vs. Berto is going to be a great match.

• says:

I am just really excited for the whole concept behind the event. How often are they planning on having these events?

• says:

Kris:

That’s a good question. I would have to think that a decision on the frequency could depend a lot on the success of this show. But if the rumors are true about Pro Elite acquiring all those smaller promotions, then I think we might see a lot of them.

• says:

I just read they will take place “regularly” on Saturday nights following the Friday premiere.

• says:

AWESOME news on them pairing Quads and Mauro. I know Mauro takes alot of heat on the Net but he truly is the “Gordon Solie” of MMA