Check me out on The Jordan Breen Show today…

I wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that I’ll be on The Jordan Breen Show at 3:30 p.m. ET. You can listen to the show via the Sherdog Radio Network at Sherdog.com. I believe that Jordan and I will be having our long-anticipated debate about some of the issues he had with my “Ten Underachievers in MMA” article on CBS Sportsline. BTW, it looks like my “Ten Overachievers in MMA” article could be appearing next week (I’m still working on it, amidst like 50 other things).

• says:

Sam,
    You and Jordan are both very thoughtful well-informed commentators. It will be great to hear you two chewing the proverbial fat.

• says:

Listening to it right now… Sam, you need to get Jordan to tell you his list of the underacheivers and then rip him apart! That would be awesome!

• says:

Really good show, possibly the best interview that Breen has ever done. Good stuff!

• says:

Chris: Logistically, I’m not sure that would work. The spirit of the debate was for me to come on and debate an existing list. If I put my opinions out there, I need to be ready for people to have opinions on their own. Jordan gave his thoughts on the list in a post on BloodyElbow.com and I asked for a chance to defend my position and I was appreciative that he allowed me to come on. Some guys would have made their statement and never allowed themselves to be confronted.

Jonathan: Thanks for listening. Jordan is a good dude and knows his MMA. He also know how to put on an entertaining radio show. T.J. was also pretty cool for taking a diplomatic approach in the scoring. I wasn’t their airwaves so they could have buried me if they wanted and they didn’t. They created an environment where we could have a respectful debate and did some good radio. They were more than fair to me and that’s all that I can ask. I had fun doing the love and hope they have me on again the next time Jordan disagrees with one of my articles.

• says:

Sam,
    All press is good press. Go ahead! As Jonathan put it, “Breen’s best interview.” You made a good radio broadcaster perform to his best and you both came out smelling like roses. Keep up the good work and don’t let a ham put you on the defensive next time. You know your sh*t.

• says:

Hold up, people are calling me a ham?

I’m pretty sure I’m still wearing the gold belt, baby.

• says:

Yeah Im not a regular viewer of your site here but I did read your article and I just finished listening to the Breen show and that was probably one of the best shows Ive heard in a long time.

personally I gave the fight to Breen based on evan tanner/carter williams/ and ricco rodriguez not being on the list plus you DID cop out on frank mir but it was a clever defense and thats what got you the draw.

Both of you guys did a great job and even though I think Breen won its due to flaws in your list not any failure on your part defending them, I hope that he finds your overachievers list equally contentious and you can go back on for another five round title fight.

You guys are both great broadcasters and you made a fan of me through that interview

• says:

Great interview, very entertaining.

Breen won, hands down.

Bring on the overachievers list…