New 5 Oz. of Pain design plus new partnership with UFCjunkie.com

Things have been absolutely crazy lately but I wanted to update everyone on a couple of things pertaining to the site.

First, you can see that we have a re-design. I’m not 100% sure that the name server change has been reflected across the entire web, but if you’re reading this then obviously it’s working well for you. The re-design is courtesy of Kris Karkoski of UFCDaily.com and WEC Daily.com. I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank him publicly for all of his hard work.

Second, many of you are aware that I’ve joined the UFCjunkie.com team recently as a part-time contributor. I had become friends with the Junkie crew behind the scenes over the course of the past several months and it only made sense for us to start working together. As a part of my agreement with them, I’ll be providing a few articles of content for Junkie each week so nothing will really change with this site.

I want to thank everyone who has sent me e-mails congratulating me on the recent news. All the support has been greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them here or you can send me an e-mail at SCaplan8@comcast.net.

• Jeremy says:

Definitely wanted to pass along a quick congrats on the new partnership with the junkie. They do a fine job over there and are definitely one of my first stops for news of the mma world. Secondly, the new site design is good. Definitely more visually appealing and sharply designed. Good job all around and can’t wait to see all the new stuff on the site and with ufcjunkie.com. Congrats!!!

• garth says:

Wow, Sam! Stuff is blowing up for you. Congrats!

• LR says:

As I said on UFCJunkie, congrats to you on the partnership.

I’m not a huge fan of the re-design, but it’s better than the default WordPress theme you had before.

• jaydog says:

The fresh style is a welcome addition, Sam. Job well done. Finally, competent design to accompany one of the few credible voices in MMA commentary. Yeah, I said it. Sam don’t ham it up like so many other pundits. MMA bloggers do not have to be virtual fighters, rather they are much needed thoughtful assessments to help make sense of the battles – before and after. Leave the egos on the 3-D side of the keyboards, fellas. Sam Caplan is an prime example of good MMA nettiquette and now, aesthetics. Bravo.

• Scott White says:

Site looks great and congrats on the partnership with UFC Junkie.

• Performify says:

Obviously goes without saying, but damn glad to have you on board @ Junkie, Sam.

-P

PS: the new design is total MMA blog cliche ;) Chain link? Check. Black and red and gray color scheme? Check. All you need now is some blood in the logo and you’ve hit all the major ones… :)

• MoreThanUFC says:

I like the new look Sam. Better than the last one. Happy for you to have partnered with Junkie. I’m not a huge fan of the site, but anything that helps you out is awesome.