Video of the Year: Mayhem Parodies TapouT

Mayhem has done it again.

I’m a huge fan of the TapouT reality TV show on Versus but I’m well aware that some people aren’t. If you fall into the latter category, you’ll love this video. Even if you don’t fall into the latter category, you still might love it.

And you know it’s good because how often do I post video? Hell, I don’t even post still photos, let alone pictures that move.

• pr0cs says:

They need to drop Versus and get with a more global company. I *REALLY* hate having to find and download Tapout episodes off the internet in order to watch the show. Versus is not covered in Canada. Same with WEC, while most of the recent events have been covered by one of the sports entities here (TSN.CA) it sucks that we don’t get Wreckage etc.

• garth says:

holy christ…”I’m wearing clothes right now!”

• Accomando says:

Caplan, I like the show too and the new episode tonite features Matt “Sunshine” Fiordirosa. I have seen him fight live in the XFO (Matt is thier 145 lb champ) and this kid is the real deal. He fights at 145, so the WEC is most likely in his future.

Quick feat, fast hands, and he trains with Jeff Curran so his base is BJJ and he does have a wrestling background. I guess he has monkey-paws for hands and a rediculously strong grip. Sunshine has got it all, really looking forward to the show tonite.

• Accomando says:

feet not feat

• garth says:

just to clarify, i like every part of the show except the hosts, and i only mostly disliked them (it’s kind of like being “mostly dead”). the fighter parts are kickass.

• Sam Caplan says:

That line about Jesus still has me laughing.

• BigMike says:

I like the show or the premise behind the show. The Tapout Crew are a joke though, they are the Village People of MMA.

• Zack says:

Agreed – premise of the show is great, hosts are….borderline. I think that the main guy, despite being annoying, clearly loves MMA and the fighters and does what he can to promote both. Can’t fault him for that. They overdo the Tapout product placement a bit…

• MoreThanUFC says: