Terry Martin accuses James Irvin of steroid use

UFCjunkie.com has posted an interview it recently conducted with UFC middleweight Terry Martin. In the interview Martin accuses James Irvin of using steroids but really doesn’t have much factual evidence to go on:

UFCjunkie.com: So if you had the chance to fight Irvin again, you would?
Terry Martin: We’re headed in two different directions. I told people that guy sucked. He was lucky. What about that last fight? He was fighting and all the sudden his knee blows out? Like that? I don’t want to say it, but…

UFCjunkie.com: So you think he may have been on something? Steroids perhaps?
Terry Martin: Oh, come on now. You know that. No one’s knee goes out like that. And look at him. You know and I know that no body is shaped like that naturally — maybe close to that, but nobody has a body like that.

UFCjunkie.com: So you’re basing it off his looks alone?
Paper-thin skin and everything. Something’s going on. He’s was up to something.

Martin also revealed that he has signed a new four fight contract. He became a free agent after his last fight and the print edition of the Wrestling Observer reported that BodogFIGHT was interested in Martin’s services.

Martin has been impressive since dropping from light heavyweight to middleweight and with the current landscape of the division, he could earn a shot at the title with a win over Chris Leben at UFC Fight Night 11 on September 19.

Click here to read the entire interview.

• garth says:

Terry’s a smart guy too, he knows what he’s saying. Calling out a guy who’s hurt and rehabbing like that is a little cold, tho.

• steve24 says:

“You know and I know that no body is shaped like that naturally — maybe close to that, but nobody has a body like that.”

What is this guy talking about? Irvin just takes care of himself. Martin should try it sometime.

• bubbafat says:

sounds like Martin is carrying a little bit of extra luggage. Might be that big goose egg on his head from Irvin’s flying knee.

• [...] to ma by? temat numer 1 w ?wiecie MMA? Sam Caplan cytuje ciekawy fragment wywiadu, którego udzieli? Terry Martin serwisowi [...]

• Carpe Diem says:

You have got to be kidding me? I have seen James in the gym and I can tell you, he works dam hard to be in the shape he is in. He does countless hours of cardio in the gym and I know the people he hangs with. His diet is solid and he trains like a mad man. Genetics are another factor. Martin needs to quit maing excuses for his loss. Irvin has been knocking people out long before he came to the UFC. (WEC) Rampage used to train with Irvin and if I am not mistaken said “he has never been hit harder by anyone”. Coming from the Champ and seeing how he disposed of Houston should say something. I also think the UFC tests for roids? Don’t they? Ask Sean Sherk..

• Paul says:

if u were to compare his body structure in the fight with Terry Martin to the fights recently with Alberto Crane and Anderson Silva, you can see a huge difference in his shoulders, traps, and abdominals. I thought i was the only one who thought he was on roids. Another sign is his jaw/chin, its massive, similarily to Josh Barnett (also caught for roids), and the south african fighter that got caught twice, once in the ufc, i forget his name. Either way,they all have Jay Leno type chins, which is apparently a symptom of using.

• NICOLE TAYLOR says:

JAMES IRVIN HAS A TERRIBLY IMPRESSIVE PHYSIQUE, SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOME MIGHT QUESTION STERIOD USE. AS A FORMER BODYBUILDER ( FEMALE NO LESS), I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT GENETICS PLAYS A LARGE ROLE IN HOW A PHYSIQUE DEVELOPS WITH TRAINING. I WAS ALL NATURAL AND EVERYONE SWORE THAT I HAD TO BE ON STERIODS DUE TO THE MUSCULAR SIZE, DEFINITION, AND SEPERATION THAT I HAD ACHEIVED. AND I HAD A MEAN “V-TAPER” TO BOOT, BUT I WAS ALL NATURAL. AT MY BEST I WAS A SOLID DEFINED AND RIPPED 150 LBS ( 10 PERCENNT BODYFAT WHICH IS UNHEARD OF FOR ANY WOMEN) , AND MY BACK COULD RIVAL MANY THE AVERAGE SIZED MAN. SO MY POINT IS, IT’S TOTALLY POSSIBLE THAT IRVIN IS ALL NATURAL, BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE JUST BLESSED WITH GOOD GENES….DON’T BE SO QUICK TO HATE