New article on CBSSports.com: Randy’s greatest hits

In my latest CBSSports.com article I become the latest journalist to go on the record and publicly smooch Randy Couture’s butt.

I then started thinking about the win over Gabriel Gonzaga and began to try to put the win in perspective by comparing it to some of his past wins. The funny thing is, as big as the win vs. Gonzaga was I felt that it really didn’t even rate in the top five, believe it or not.

You can click here to read the article. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

• Brent says:

“I wanted to write about Randy because I’ve been thinking about him a lot lately (no, not in that way!) but I wanted to say things about him that haven’t already been said a hundred times this week.”

It take a true pro journalist to publically expound upon his man-crush.

• Matt says:

Hey, after these last two wins I’ve been thinking about Randy THAT way a lot.

And there’s not a damn thing wrong with it!

I wrote a column about Randy in my paper this past Monday. Total, total man-crush and proud of it.

• garth says:

Randy is such a stud right now he could knock up your grandpa. Through the television.

• Rory says:

Good god, you haven’t seen Randy vs. Vitor I? It is probably #2 for me behind the Liddell win. Not only did he dominate Belfort in the end with dirty boxing, it was pretty much a turning point in the growth of MMA. People began to realize that crazy handspeed and power could be neutralized by a fighter with all-around skills like Couture had suddenly shown up with. It was also the birth of the Randy Couture “gameplan” fight and probably the best one.

• Matt (different one) says:

Sam,

The guy on ufctakedown.com posted the Couture v. Belfort fight in your honor.

• Chris Shultz says:

I’m a total nut hugger of Randy after last weekend. I always held him up pretty high as an amazing athlete and human. Now I officially have a man crush on him. Sounds like you do to.

• robnashville says:

I dig Randy’s backstory but not so much his fighting style. He’s got the George Foreman storyline, but the John Ruiz gameplan.

If Randy were a character in the movie”Superbad”, he would be McHuggin’.