Sept. 1 edition of Inside the Cage Radio now available!

The long-awaited fourth episode of Inside the Cage Radio is now available for your listening pleasure!

This week hosts Sam Caplan (FiveOuncesOfPain.com) and Matt Cava (UFCTakedown.com) welcomed both Dann Stupp of UFCjunkie.com and Luke Thomas of BloodyElbow.com into the cage as guests.

[display_podcast]

Dann joined the crew to help break down UFC 74. He was in Vegas for the event and brought his insider’s perspective to the show. The crew discussed whether Randy Couture is truly unbeatable; who and what is next for Randy; more fallout from the Renato “Babalu” Sobral fiasco; whether Josh Koscheck was ever truly ready for GSP; and much more.

In addition to reviewing UFC 74, the show also previewed UFC 75. Sam and Matt were once again joined by Luke Thomas, who brought his vast technical knowledge to the fold. The three broke down Dan Henderson vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Mirko Cro Cop vs. Cheick Kongo, Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill, and Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara. Be sure to tune in as they talk about upset possibilities; whether Cro Cop and Bisping are overrated; whether Hamill belongs in the UFC; how Henderson should approach fighting a bigger opponent in Jackson; and lots more.

Give the show a listen… in the first few minutes you’ll hear Sam’s strategy for hitting on Rachelle Leah and a little later, Matt’s rant on the Sobral choke incident.

Inside the Cage Radio is growing strong! Over 5,000 hardcore MMA fans have already tuned in – this is only our 4th episode and we’re seeing our audience grow exponentially each week. Thanks so much for your support!

• Jeremy says:

Fantastic! The first one I listened to of the roundtable between you guys for UFC 74 was great, can’t wait for this edition.

• Sam Caplan says:

Jeremy:

Let me know your thoughts about this week’s show.

• jeff weeks says:

this is the first one I have listened to great show

• Sam_Cupitt says:

This show was pretty damn sweet. You were all very in depth and I agreed with mostly everything you guys had to say, except I believe Bisping will submit Hamil in round one really really quickly. But yes you guys really seem to know your shit and at the same time kept it light hearted and comical. It was really just top quality stuff. Make sure you make a post on Junkie when theres a new one of these.

Cheers

• Sam Caplan says:

Sam and Jeff:

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

• Jeremy says:

Sam, again another solid effort from you guys. I think the first half was a little slow for me just because I kind of heard everything I needed to hear about UFC 74 already by the time you guys got to it. Even most of the thoughts from you guys already. So while there was some good discussion and thoughts about it, you know, I had just heard it all already.

The roundtable for UFC 75 again was fantastic. Luke Thomas is really, really good. You guys gotta make sure he stays with the show because his thoughts and analysis are very good. He knows his stuff extremely well. Just great discussion from all of you. I don’t know if you guys have done it in the past or are going to in the future but I’d love to see you guys interview some fighters/promoters/personalities in the fight game. With the knowledge and info you guys have it would make for great interviews to me, especially with some of the guys/camps you have extensive knowledge of. I mean I’d reallly like to get in-depth training info, up-and-coming fighters in their camps/shows, thoughts on future moves in their weight classes, fights and everything.

Again great work again to all of you and keep it up.

• pr0cs says:

Great show, as mentioned it would be nice if you guys could get some fighters in for interviews.
    Also, quit being such dicks and talking about Leah and not providing pictures to back up your claims for chrissake. j/k.

Sort of surprised that Sakara was pretty heavily panned, I guess his record is the sticking point and again surprised that Rampage didn’t get much love. Not that I care, I’m happy with either guy winning/losing and am just looking for an interesting bout.

• Matt says:

Sam – the listeners are calling for pictures… I told you so!

Let’s make an announcement – Inside the Cage Radio is looking for a staff photographer!

• jaydog says:

Sam,
    That intro music was much better. Couldn’t recognize it without vocals. Source?