Some people thought this would be an off week for MMA, but it’s really not. There will be plenty of good viewing available this weekend between the TV and Internet streaming.
Here’s what’s on tap:
- Masters of the Cage XVI tonight at 9 p.m. ET via Internet PPV at WatchThisFight.com. The card is $14.95 and apparently offers a money back guarantee. Scheduled to fight are all four members of Team Takedown, Jake Rosholt, Eric Bradley, Johny Hendricks, and Shane Roller. Another former college wrestling standout, Paul Bradley is on the card as well as IFL veteran Wayne Cole.
- “Inside MMA” on HDNet tonight at 9:30 p.m. ET with hosts Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten. John McCarthy, Kimbo Slice, and Chris Bruno are scheduled to appear as guests.
- “Human Weapon” on the History Channel tonight at 10:00 p.m. ET. Mixed martial arts will be featured this week with appearances by Randy Couture, Bas Rutten, and Cung Le, among others.
- EliteXC “Uprising” replay tomorrow at 2 p.m. ET during Showtime’s free weekend preview. That’s right, if you get basic cable then you can watch the replay for free. You’ll get a chance to see Robbie Lawler vs. Murilo “Ninja” Rua, Gina Carano’s big win, and exciting fights between Nick Diaz vs. Mike Aina and Joey Villasenor vs. Riki Fukuda.
- Strikeforce from the Playboy Mansion at 12 midnight tomorrow during a free Internet stream on Yahoo! You can go to their Boxing/MMA section for more info but Gilbert Melendez will defend the Strikeforce lightweight title vs. Tetsuji Kato, Bobby Southworth defends the Strikeforce light heavyweight title vs. Bill Mahood, Joe Riggs makes his Strikeforce debut vs. Eugene Jackson, Josh Thomson vs. Adam Lynn, and Daniel Puder will be in action as well.