Chris Horodecki on his February fight with Bart Palaszewski

Site writer Ben Fowlkes has a new piece up at CBSSports.com about the upcoming IFL Grand Prix matchup between Chris Horodecki and Bart Palaszewski. These two fought to a split decision back in February and Palaszewski was none too happy about the outcome, mostly in part due to a moment where Horodecki seemed to have purposely gone through the ropes while Palazweski had him in a deep guillotine.

Here’s what Horodecki has to say about all that:

“He can say what he wants,” Horodecki said in response to Palaszewski’s complaints. “I didn’t purposely fall through the ropes. The fact is I won that fight. It’s over and it’s done with and I won.”

I would agree with Horodecki that it’s time to move on and focus on the fight ahead. I don’t agree that he didn’t intentionally go through the ropes. He was in deep, deep trouble against the rope, sat on them, and laid back. It’s pretty clearly evident if you go back and watch the fight again. Does Horodecki lose if he doesn’t go through the ropes? Not necessarily. Does it change the momentum of the fight? Absolutely.

I understand Horodecki can’t just come out and blatantly say he fell through the ropes on purpose, but he could at least do us a favor and not treat us like we were born yesterday.

• Accomando says:

You are dead on.

Although, when Horodecki went through the ropes, he hit his head pretty bad and that almost looked like it KO’ed him, he probably has absolutely no recollection of it, so he just makes things up to fill in for the lost memory.

Anyway, he will have to pay the piper on Nov. 3rd in Hoffman Estates, literally in Bart’s backyard, maybe a 1/2 hour drive for him.

I’ll be there to see it live, because I bought the tickets way before the IFL made the announcement that they would show the Grand Prix live on T.V., “clever girl”, but I do not regret it, I would like to be there in person when this kid gets dealt with by Palaszewski.

• dizzle says:

He didn’t purposely fall through the ropes…Who in their right mind would get into a ring and then just dive head first out of the ring? This is why I’m against rings in MMA…and I’m also against Cages to be honest LOL! I know sounds stupid but again I’ve always said that Rings are for Fake Wrestling and Boxing…NOT MMA! I’ve always wanted to see fights take place in a football field. That way it’s almost like a real fight in the sense that you can’t get pushed into a fence and get pounded…and that you can’t dive head first out of the ring.

Anywho enough ranting for me. I will be up for watching IFL…I wish that Rutten would stop commenting and go get him some.

• Tanner says:

Ahh, this may be a good matchup but i’d like to see how some of these guys would fair against some of the tougher competition out there.

• Accomando says:

“…He didn’t purposely fall through the ropes…Who in their right mind would get into a ring and then just dive head first out of the ring…”

Yes he did, and you would too if your breathing was being restricted and that was you only way out.

• dizzle says:

well if he did or didn’t…he didn’t admit to falling out on purpose. Either way the match is over with. I was just ranting…but if I was in his position I would lose with honor.

• Brent says:

Don’t forget the rope grab he wasn’t penalized for – that point deduction would have made a difference for sure.

• Accomando says:

“…but if I was in his position I would lose with honor…”

Ah, yes…brave is the soldier who is not in battle.

• dizzle says:

Accomando I train in MMA 3 days a week. I have yet to fight in any amateur fights but I spar every week with my gym. I’ve been put in many submissions that of course require me to tap out. I’d rather tap out than get Knocked out (which I’ve had happened Multiple Times in Sparring).

But then again…if I were in the position of MMA being a full time Job than maybe I would do what I had to do in order to win a bigger purse. But I’ll never be a professional fighter…I just believe that if your into a sport than you should atleast be involved with the sport physically.

• Accomando says:

“…But I’ll never be a professional fighter…”

Then don’t say what you “would” do in a fight, that was my only argument.

• dizzle says:

I see where you’re coming from.

• Billy Gamble says:

This rematch should have been laid to rest during the IFL semi finals. I am really glad Palaszewski is gonna get to redeem himself. Chris should have lost this fight. I was there at the fight and he was ducking Bart alot during the fight.

He fell purposly out of the ring for sure.