Exclusive: Mike Bourke off of Nov. 10 EliteXC card

Mike Bourke confirmed to FiveOuncesOfPain.com (www.FiveOuncesOfPain.com) on Wednesday afternoon that he has been forced to pull out of his scheduled Nov. 10 match for EliteXC against Kimbo Slice in Corpus Christi, Texas.

A heartbroken Bourke said that he broke his left clavicle during a training session on Sunday when he attempted a takedown.

Bourke was looking forward to the opportunity to fight Slice and was already in training for another bout when he was contracted to fight on Nov. 10.

Since there was a lot of travel involved with his job, Bourke was able to convince his employer to take him off the road so that he could focus more on his training. He had been in training for a total of 10 weeks at the time of his injury and claims he’s lost 45 pounds.

He’s hoping that EliteXC gives him another shot to fight Slice down the line.

Bourke is scheduled to face Brian Sesma on Dec. 2 for the King of the Cage Super Heavyweight Title. He will be going for a follow-up visit with a doctor to see if there’s any indication as to whether he’ll be healed in time for that bout.

• dizzle says:

so who is kimbo slice to fight now?

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek:

I’m not sure as of yet. They are doing a conf. call at 4 p.m. ET to promote the Nov. 10 card. Perhaps they will have some news then?

• dizzle says:

I will dissapointed to find out that they can’t find a fighter for him. But I guess that will just give him more time to train in the gym. Let’s hope they find someone for him to fight…I can only imagine how this news could bring a hungry figther down.

• Sam Caplan says:

I can’t speak for EliteXC but I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that Kimbo will be fighting someone on the card.

• Sam Caplan says:

Bo Cantrell has been announced as the new opponent for Kimbo.

Cantrell lost last Saturday to Brad Imes via gogoplata.

• dizzle says:

Well I’m just happy he’ll still be fighting on the Card. Lets hope for a great fight. I need to brush up on the EliteXC lineup and figure out who these fighters are. Thanks Sam appreciate it.

• Davey D says:

They could have James Thompson fight Kimbo. I really hope they can find someone.

• Eric says:

I don’t think Cantrell is a very good fighter but it should still be anexciting match. Like everyone else I’m just happy to see Kimbo back in the cage, though it would have been sweet to see him against Tank Abbott.

• Zach says:

I think this fight is just what Bo needs. That loss to Imes was a huge disappointment for him. He pretty much knocked Imes out and Bo stood back for a second waiting for the ref to stop the fight. The ref didn’t stop it so Bo went to the ground for some GnP and got caught in the submission. It was 100% Bo’s fault for not jumping on Imes and making the ref pull him off, but he hesitated.

• […] announcement came during yesterday?s EliteXC conference call, though Sam Caplan broke the news at fiveouncesofpain.com earlier in the day. ?EliteXC: Renegade? takes place at the America Bank Center Arena in Corpus […]