EliteXC and Strikeforce’s time to shine.

Starting tomorrow and continuing for the next week, MMA fans will be treated to events from arguably the top three MMA organisations in the world.

These of course being EliteXC’s “Renegade” show, Strikeforce’s: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives and UFC 78: Validation. The two lesser organisations out of the above three will be putting on disputably, their best ever shows, while Zuffa’s event has been ridiculed for its lack of major stars and its proclaimed “weak main event”.

A large number of MMA fans have been put off by the matchups on UFC 78 that lack any real title implications and may in turn be looking for another MMA fix to satisfy their needs in the month of November.

This bodes well for tomorrows EliteXC event which will be showing off their new acquisition of Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, a world class 170 pound matchup between Jake Shields and Mike Pyle and a battle for the newly instated 160 pound Lightweight title between fan favourite Nick Diaz and K.J. Noons.

Strikeforce will also be able to take advantage with their November 16th card. This card will feature the first 4-man tournament to be sanctioned by the California State Athletic commission, a Heavyweight title fight between Paul Buentello and Alistair Overeem, a potential Light Heavyweight title fight and the always entertaining Joe Riggs and Cung Le.

These are entertaining cards with enough intriguing matchups and fighters to lure even the most casual MMA fan. This isn’t to say that they will recieve more ratings than the UFC card – they won’t – or that UFC 78 is a poor card- it isn’t – but they go a long way to gaining a lot more exposure and solidifying themselves as the “best of the rest”.

Read more on Fiveouncesofpain.com

• Brian says:

Will the Strikeforce card be showing anywhere, I have not seen anything about PPV or live stream in any mention of the show

• Jeremy says:

Personally for me I think overall the EliteXC card is the weakest of the three and if Nick Diaz weren’t on it I wouldn’t even probably watch it. Jake Shields is a really good fighter but I don’t see Mike Pyle coming close to beating him. Antonio Silva unfortunately is in a division which has little relevance to me in MMA. And I am not going to be excited to watch Kimbo Slice take on Cantrell. The Diaz/Noons fight is the only real interest at this point. I’ve heard people say Kleinbeck/Noke should be good, we will see I guess in time.

I think the Strikeforce card has more solid overall matchups, and I am a strong fan of mma tournaments and am glad to see it back again.

And while I agree with people who say the UFC card lacks the star power for its price, overall again I think it’s solid top to bottom.

Really all the cards lack that matchup that has everyone drooling for the fight. They either have a certain fighter someone is interested in or just solid fights overall.

• Jake Taylor says:

I agree with Jeremy.

I also think the author may be on Elite XC’s payroll or something because it sure seemed like he was trying his best to build up Showtime & Strikeforce while ragging on the UFC.

• Zack says:

yikes, that was no way to “shine”…very disappointing event.

• Brent says:

Worst event I’ve seen in a few years – embarrassing!

• Zack says:

If I was elitexc I would arrange another card for December pronto and re-match Koons/Diaz and get a real opponent who actually wants to fight for Kimbo.

• There was some major bullshit going on in that card.