Nick Diaz to seek out plastic surgeon

That’s the latest from Brian Knapp of The Fight Network:

Nick Diaz will seek out the assistance of Las Vegas-based plastic surgeon Frank Stile in order to repair the considerable scar tissue that has developed around his eyes. Kit Cope, the man who cornered the 24-year-old in his failed attempt to win the EliteXC lightweight title at EliteXC “Renegade” on Saturday in Corpus Christi, Texas, made the announcement after the bout.

Says Kit Cope:

“He didn’t get hit with anything hard,” Cope said. “It’s just that he’s got some gnarly cuts. There were a couple of fights [in his past] where he got cut and then band aided it, you know … didn’t get any good stitches, so he’s got a lot of scar tissue. You breathe on the guy, and he gets cut.”

KJ Noons – Karl – you’re not even in the same league,” Cope said. “You’re luckier than a dog with two peckers.”

Probably a good move by Nick Diaz to get this taken care of. He’s a young fighter and he’s bound to get hit in the face a lot more times in his career.

Gotta love how Kit Cope has to get his jab in at KJ anytime he can. For someone with a 1-4 MMA record, Cope sure does talk a lot of garbage.

• a. hieronymous says:

Much as I hate to brag I must say…I totally called this one. See my posting at:

• bubbafat says:

I gotta agree with Cope on this one. I like Noons(5 oz’s changed my mind on him) but I seriously don’t see Noons winning 2 outta 3 against Diaz.

• bubbafat says:

And there had better be a rematch(eventually). I”ll be pissed if they try pawning off Crazyhorse vs Noons 2 on us right away. But not as pissed as this Evans vs Bisping crap main event!?

• steve24 says:

Cope might talk, but Noons is not in the same league with Diaz.

• Erik says:

Apparently neither Kit Cope nor steve24 watched the same fight as I did because cuts or not KJ was dominating the fight.

• steve24 says:

Erik, don’t try to start shit with me alright!

• Sam Cupitt says:

Children, calm.

• steve24 says:

All I’m saying is that Noons has to build a much more impressive resume before calling out Mayweather or De La Hoya. That was ridiculous. I want to see a rematch.

• JJ says:

KJ looked pretty good, but Diaz for sure wasn’t on his game. Kit Cope is a clown who just likes to get a little attention when he can, I actually didn’t even see him in the corner but saw Nate actually talking to him between the round.

• garth says:

Let’s see Cope-McCullough 2. Kit’s gotta prove he’s got some game. I’m sure he’d just jump at the chance to get some more bones broken.
    And the fight I watched, KJ was beating Nick’s ass and stuffing every takedown. Nick looked as bad as I’ve ever seen him. That said, I still think he’s a world-class fighter. Maybe the ganj is keeping him down, or he’s been reading too much of his own press. Some people have suggested the cut is too much, I don’t know.
    As far as Noons calling out Mayweather etc, that seemed like adrenalin to me. He just won the biggest fight of his life…who wouldn’t be jacked up and say stupid crap? It was basically a Howard Dean moment for him

• FJ says:

Cope is a bitch. Neither him nor Diaz have any class at all

• Dizzle says:

Diaz needs to take his fights more serious. He came out thinking he was going to walk all over Noons…that isn’t the mindset you need when going into a fight. No matter what is said…Noons won the fight fair and square. Diaz needs to go back and work more on his stand-up. You could see his punching being thrown from a mile away. Noons has way better standup than Diaz and Diaz thought he’d get the best of him.

Also the Noons vs Bennett fight was a fluke. Bennett can’t get on an impressive winning streak if he tried..he’s a scrappy fighter that looks for the knock-out in all of his fights. I suspect that if this rematch happens that it wont be a title bout and Bennett had better be practing his stand up. I don’t see Noons going into the fight looking the way he did previously. I’ll give that fight to Noons any day of the week.