The following are results from yesterday’s weigh ins for Strikeforce: Four Man Enter, One Man Survives. The pairings for the shows 185lb. four man tournament were also announced. The card will also feature Cung Le against Sam Morgan, Paul Buentello and Alistair Overeem for the vacant World Heavyweight title and Bobby Southworth will defend his world light heavyweight belt against Anthony Ruiz.
- Cung Le (181) vs. Sam Morgan (177.8)
- Paul Buentello (250) vs. Alistair Overeem (224)
- Lemont Davis (171.8) vs. Brian Schwartz (167)
- Bobby Southworth (204) vs. Anthony Ruiz (204)
- Bryson Kamaka (169) vs. Luke Stewart (171)
Main Card (Tournament)
- Trevor Prangley (185) vs. Falaniko Vitale (185)
- Yuki Sasaki (183.3) vs. Jorge Santiago (184)
- Sean Salmon (185) vs. Dennis Hallman (183) – alternate bout
- Jeremiah Metcalf (182.5) — tournament reserve
- Josh Neal (186) vs. Eric Lawson (184)
- Pete Sabala (137) vs. Anthony Figueroa (132)
- Clint Coronel (154.8) vs. Alex Crispin (155.5)
- Chris Drumm (145) vs. Evan Esguerra (145.5)
There have been rumours that one of the participants in the first four man tournament to be sanctioned by the California Athletic Commission is not yet cleared medically. MMAjunkie.com is reporting that site contributor Sean Salmon has told them that the rumour is true and that Yuki Sasaki is the fighter in question.
MMAjunkie goes on to state that tournament reserve, Jeremiah Metcalf may also not be medically cleared as well.
Read more on Fiveouncesofpain.com.