Michael Bisping: fans in Newark can “go to hell”

michael_bisping2

Steve Cofield’s got the audio of Michael Bisping saying the fans in Newark can “go to hell” at the post-UFC 78 presser.

Now, the question is, was he kidding? Cofield didn’t think so:

The Brit was asked for his reaction to being booed often by the fans in Newark before and after the event. Listen to the clip below. He said they can go to hell. It didn’t sound like he was kidding. And it did put a slight grimace on the face of UFC president Dana White, who was standing behind Bisping.

After listening to it myself, it sounds like Bisping’s just frustrated. He may have meant it a little, but it doesn’t sound in any way spiteful towards the fans. Putting a grimace on Dana White’s face, however, is never a good thing.

• I don’t blame him for being angry and fans booing is bullshit.

• mma blaster says:

He was definately frustrated over having just lost his first fight. Booing sucks, but it is part of the game in everywhere in the world except the Far East.

• Dizzle says:

Fuck dana white. Dana white can go to hell. I swear if I ever see Dana White at the Grocery Store…I’m gonna make sure his face just happens to fall into my right Fist.

Dana White is the definition of Douchebaggery. Someone needs to fuckin kill this guy…he’s going to be the one who ruins MMA. Just like Vince Mcmahon ruined fake wrestling.

• a. hieronymous says:

Bisping was joking. He laughed, the press laughed, he explained how he felt more concisely afterwards. Give the guy a break!

• Evan says:

Dizzle

cmon man…calling for somene to get killed….

• garth says:

you laugh, they laugh, i laugh…then i die a little inside

• a. hieronymous says:

Heh heh. Can’t we all appreciate the British sense of humor?

• Gabber says:

“…the fans in Newark can “go to hell”…”

Dude, if they’re in Newark, they’re already there, give me a break. :P

• […] "Fans in Newark can go to hell" Five Ounces of Pain | Michael Bisping: fans in Newark can “go to hell” Wow why Micheal. I mean I’ve been defending you and I understand you got frustrated but what are […]

• Sam Caplan says:

Gabber, ROFL!!!

• Dizzle says:

Evan he deserves an eternity in hell with the rest of the people in Newark.

Murdered, killed by freak accident, or heart attack…I don’t care I just don’t like the guy.

• […] Posted by bbjd7 Five Ounces of Pain | Michael Bisping: fans in Newark can ?go to hell? Wow why Micheal. I mean I’ve been defending you and I understand you got frustrated but what are […]

• Gary Herman says:

I actually heard the comment at the press conference. It was a complete joke, and the comment was pretty funny. Bisping’s real answer to that question of the fans booing him was:

“Somebody is always going to be booed. I heard the crowd, but I don’t take it to heart.”

Everything else was completely tongue-in-cheek

• makeutapout says:

garth and gabber, LMAO good posts.

Dizzle, no one really likes the guy, but he HAS done a lot to promote the sport. I hope he doesn’t also bring it down, but that’s a little harsh bro. lol but yes. DW is an ass.

About Bisping, I can’t believe ANYONE would take that serious. Anyone who did obviously only heard the first sentence and closed their ears after that. He lost the damn fight and got booed in the proses. I don’t think it’s a big deal that he took a little jab back. He made clear that he wasn’t actually mad about it immediately afterwards.

• ROSS says:

you have to wonder if Dana has tried to make the wrong person his european poster boy. His attitude is funny at first but after a while it just gets old.

• Grape Knee High says:

Obviously, Bisping can be a dick if he wants, but honestly, I think it would behoove him to be gracious in defeat (and in the face of unwarranted booing). Americans very often like rooting for the “nice guy” (see Couture and GSP); you can be a dick, but if you want to be popular, then you better be knocking people out.

• […] the fans. Putting a grimace on Dana White?s face, however, is never a good thing. source: Five Ounces of Pain | Michael Bisping: fans in Newark can “go to hell” Someone needs to advise Bisping on public speaking…. Quotes like that can get taken out of […]