Vitor Belfort: “I want to return to the UFC”

From the Brazilian fight magazine, Tatame:

“Today I have no exclusivity with anyone. I am the same as Fedor, I do not have exclusivity. I am the champion of Cage Rage and have one more belt defense to do. I am waiting because of the surgery, but in February I will be ready. We are studying many proposals. M-1 contacted me to fight there, there is an event in , an event in , the government of Amazonas, there´s no lack of money there, and they want me to fight there. In December I am going to to make some meetings with Ultimate also. I want to return to UFC”, said Vitor, that explained the break-up with his former employer, Jorge Guimarães “Joinha”.

I don’t see a return to the UFC as very likely for Belfort. He is a shell of his former self as a fighter and hasn’t beaten anyone of note since 2003. He is a good fit as a big name for a smaller organization, but he is no longer UFC material.

• paddiosf says:

I would like to see Vitor back but I thought he had a drug suspension he never really serve? Alot like Josh Barnett who also tested positive for steriods and just went over to Japan to fight….I think Dana would give him a chance maybe sign him to a 2 fight deal to prove himself….

• Gygax says:

He may have a hard time getting licensed for any competitions in the US. He was suspended by the NSAC for 9 months following a positive steroid test after Pride Real Deal in October 2006. He fought again just 6 months later for Cage Rage while still under suspension, something the NSAC and other commissions will really give him a hard time.

• [...] "I want to return to the UFC" Five Ounces of Pain | Vitor Belfort: “I want to return to the UFC” In the article it says that Caplan doesn’t Belfort is UFC material anymore well what do you guys [...]

• drizzle says:

Vitor: “I am the same as Fedor” ORLY!

• Asa says:

Vitor is like Houston Alexander without the aggression, style or personality.

Lazy BJJ does not make up for it. I sure don’t want him back.

• Mike C. says:

If Wanderlei loses to Chuck they can bring back Vitor for a revenge match. Wanderlei gets to maul Vitor, avenge a loss, and look great to the casual fan again.

• MMA SKOOL ™ says:

HERE’S AN IDEA:

GET VITOR OFF STEROIDS, TELL HIM TO INCREASE HIS WEIGHTLIFTING REPS (MAINLY THE BENCH PRESS), AND, BOOM! VITOR BELFOR MAKES 185!!!!!!!!!

HE WOULD MAKE GOOD FODDER FOR SILVA, IF HE MAKES IT PAST HENDO.

• el feo says:

If he could cut down to 185, he could step in this summer and fight the winner of silva/henderson.

he could step in right now and fight okami or rich frankiln.