FiveOuncesOfPain.com‘s t-shirt contest is now open!
This is your chance to play fantasy matchmaker for the UFC and possibly win a the brand new 5 Oz. t-shirt in the process.
As you know, a co-main event between Matt Serra and Matt Hughes for the UFC welterweight title at UFC 79 on Dec. 29 has been canceled following a back injury sustain by Serra.
The UFC has announced that Hughes will fight Georges St. Pierre for the interim welterweight title as a replacement bout. However, we want to know what you think would have been the next best replacement in the event that GSP had not stepped up and accepted the bout on short notice.
Myself, Matt Cava, and Adam Morgan will all serve as judges and we will vote on the best fantasy matchmaker suggestion. If none of the nominations record at least two out of three votes, a fourth judge will be asked to rule on the three matches that each received an individual vote from the three-man panel.
Here are the rules:
– Match nominations go on a first come, first serve basis. For example, if Jack Johnson nominates Joe Smith vs. John Doe, Jack Johnson gets that match.
– The most important rule of all is that the match has to have a realistic possibility of being booked. We’re not going to recognize nominations that include fighters who have just fought, or are already slated to fight, or are injured and unable to compete. You can also use names not on the UFC roster, but they must not be contracted to another promotion. For example, Fedor vs. Randy Couture sounds great but that has no chance of happening on Dec. 29.
– A nomination of Hughes vs. Serra will not be valid.
– You get just one entry. Anything submitted after your first entry will not be valid and any match you mention outside of your first and only nomination can be used by another participant.
– All entries must be submitted in this thread. No entries via e-mail or in another post will be valid.
– While leaving commentary with your nomination is not mandatory please remember that a judging panel will be voting on the nominations. The more compelling your argument is, the better your chances of getting your nomination a vote.
– This contest will close at 10 a.m. ET on Friday. All entries submitted after that time will not be valid.
I know the terms of this contest will make things hard, but that’s the idea! Do you really think we’d be giving away something as illustrious as a 5 Oz. t-shirt without making you put a little thought into things?
If you’ve already ordered a shirt, this is a chance for you to get a second one, on the house.
5 Oz. t-shirts are only available in medium, large, extra large, and double-extra large.
Just because you don’t win doesn’t mean you can’t sport a 5 Oz. t-shirt. You can get this badass shirt while also supporting this site by clicking here and ordering.