Fightlinker issuing challenges right and left

fight.jpg

Fightlinker.com is without question one of my favorite blogs. No, not just one of my favorite MMA blogs, but favorite blogs regardless of genre.

Ryan Harkness, the man behind FightLinker.com, and a certified comedic genius, is known for calling out other blogs and making bets about the outcome of big fights.

In fact, he’s currently trying to make a bet with Kid Nate from BloodyElbow.com in regard to the outcome of the Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta match scheduled to be the main event of the live TUF 6 finale on Dec. 8. If Nate loses the bet, he’d have to shave off his eyebrows.

Yesterday Ryan officially issued a challenge to me of sorts in the FiveOuncesOfPain.com t-shirt contest thread. But he doesn’t want my eyebrows — he wants my blood:

1. # 50 Fightlinker.com Says:
    Sam “Five Ounces” Caplan vs Ryan “Fightlinker” HarknessThis would be for the Blogger belt, which Fightlinker currently keeps next to his computer and wears whenever he’s busy being the best blogger in the bloggoverse. Sure, it would have to be done at a catch weight because of short notice, but I think we could work something out.

PS – I’M SERIOUS SAM

Accepting a challenge from Linker isn’t something that really requires second thought. To my knowledge, he has no formal fight training and even though I suck, it’s not from a lack of instruction.

I also have concerns about his toughness, just like I did at one point about another Canadian, Georges St. Pierre. For the record, some of my favorite people, such as Jordan Breen and Mauro Ranallo, are Canadian. I don’t have questions about the toughness of Canadians or even GSP at this point, just Ryan’s.

Ryan made a bus trip down to Cincinnati for UFC 77 and openly blogged about how he feared for his life in the mean streets of Cincy. I’ve spent a lot of time over the years in Philadelphia, a city in which would potentially cause Ryan to die from an anxiety attack if he ever set foot in it. It is after all, the Murder Capital of the World. If you couldn’t handle Cincinnati then you’d never make it in Philly.

So yes, Ryan, I formally accept your challenge. We just need a time and a place.

• Big D D says:

Oh boy it’s on!…Please film this beatdown…

• Ben Fowlkes says:

I got winner.

• jjdnb says:

I take it this will be MMA rules and not just grappling?
    yes this needs video coverage for sure cuz i’m sure there will be a lot of whining afte the fight.

ps
    pls schedule this inbetween UFC events to help kill time

• Sam Caplan says:

It better be MMA rules because I’ve got no ground game.

• Ryan says:

Oh Sam it’s me…Ryan. I take back everything that I said. I’m really not looking forward to having my face look like grinded up hamburger meat after the fight.

YOU WIN! THE BELT IS YOURS!

• Jersey Tomato says:

It’s probably not too late to get on the Rio Heroes fight card. None of those guys seem to have much formal training so you two would fit right in.

• Schlegel says:

I can’t wait to hear the results, and like said before seeing them would be even better. I have to mention one thing though, Phili may be the old murder capitol of the world, but Cincy is pure gangsta, if anyone doubts our street creds come to the Nasti Nati and we will talk it over ;)… But that is off topic so I digress, LOL.

• Zack says:

To make it a bit more exciting, you guys should fight on a dirty mat on the corner of Montgomery and Broad at dusk.

• Adam Morgan says:

Seriously, though, Cincinnati is hard as hell. What other city has T.I.’s posse gunfighting on the highway?

• Dizzle says:

I hope this fight happens…and if it does happen how can it be done legally without there being any type of conflicts with like athletic commissions and what not? I have no idea how sanction a fight and make it legal.

Sam do you really think this is going to happen?

• Mr. Takedown says:

Hey Jersey Tomato, do us a favor and give Rio Heroes some click-thru love.

**shameless plug for an advertiser**

I would love to see Sam battle Linker. My only worry is that Harkness is such a wackjob that he might pull out a crazy flying heelhook or a huricanrana or something. Sam would be incapacitated and FiveOunces would be finished.

• Brent says:

LOL – you want me to film or judge this Sam?

• Dizzle says:

the Five Ounces of Pain logo is more intimidating than Ryan himself.

Lets hype this up and broadcast it online somewhere.

I think Ryan is skeered!

• Eric Shapiro says:

This is ridiculous. I doubt this alleged fight will ever happen. Is this all just one big joke?

• bubbafat says:

We Canadians do our fightin’ with blades on our feet, standing on ice. I’m sure fightlinker still has some guy’s tooth still in his “canuckle”.
    If he’s gotta face you on solid ground I reccomend taking him down, Hockey players don’t mind standing and bangin!

• Dizzle says:

No Eric…it’s not a joke unless Ryan wants it to be a joke. I think Sam was pretty serious about the fight. It would be the best promotion for any blogger out there.

a fight between blogs…you can’t get anymore creative then this.

• Ed Hsu says:

You guys can do it at one of my shows … anytime … ;)

• Big D D says:

look at comment #5 looks like we have our winner folks. At the 0:00 mark of the 1st round Sam wins by intimidation..Wow that was easy for Sam…

• IT’S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! I have challenged you, you have accepted. Now all there is left is a time and a place. Sam has informed me we’ve got promoters interested in hosting this fight, so everything should fall into place soon. This will be for the Undisputed Blogweight Title!

WAR FIGHTLINKER!

• Dizzle says:

I want you next Ryan for the light heavyweight undisputed commentor title!

• MoreThanUFC says:

Linker, your gonna get killed. I cant believe I’m saying this, but go Philly! I hope no other Giants fans see me post this.

• [...] ringleader Sam Caplan’s ass. After a few emails where I assume he though I was joking, I called him out on his own website and now we’re both in agreement: It’s time to get into a ring or cage and settle this shit like [...]

• [...] the announcement that really rocked the MMA world this week* was Ryan Harkness of FightLinker.com challenging Sam Caplan of fiveouncesofpain.com, proelite.com and cbssports.com to a REAL MMA fight. No, really [...]