Report: Gina Carano casted as “Crush” in the new American Gladiators series

The American Gladiators Blog, if you can believe such a thing exists, is reporting that Gina Carano will be on the upcoming remake of the American Gladiators show, going by the nickname “Crush”:

We have known for a few days Gina Carano, Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter was going to be one of the new Gladiators but we were unsure of which one. Well it has been confirmed she will be gladiator ‘Crush’, a new name added to the mix for more then one reason I am sure.

The word on the street is that they’ve decided to remake the show due to the upcoming writer’s strike. The reruns have been doing well on the ESPN Classic network, so they have decided to bring it back to fill the gap for the shows they will lose. I never figured an MMA fighter would be one of the Gladiators because as silly as the show is, there is still a risk of injury.

EliteXC, Carano, and NBC have yet to confirm this report.

rup-468×60.gif

• Tom says:

She better be getting paid well — if she gets hurt, I can’t imagine Elite XC being too happy…

• Evan says:

I doubt she will do much. Mainly for hype.

• Dan Cruickshank says:

I can tell you that this show is not being remade because of the writers strike. I read in the trade journals that it was being re-made over a year ago. The show has been in the works for a very long time. Not sure what I think of Gina Carano, the Gladiator. Is that good for MMA? And to that extent, I’m not really sure what I think of Gina Carana, the fighter.

• HexRei says:

Ugh. Gina is a talented fighter, it’s so sad to see her hitching her wagon to this abortion of a show.

• Shawn says:

I will definitely take time out of my day to watch Gina Carano in scantily clad clothing jousting other women. Hooray for warm blooded males across the globe.

• xx2000xx says:

You’re correct Dan, this show was in production well before even anybody was thinking about the strike.

• Fujin says:

This is news I’d touch with a 10 cm pole.

• hbdale309 says:

I just saw the promo during Sunday night football on NBC. The chicks are hot.

• Johnny P. says:

I think it’s actually taping this week. the season of Am. Glad., that is.

• [...] Carano reportedly will be a character on the new American Gladiators show, which features Hulk Hogan doing commentary. She’s [...]

• Dizzle says:

Maybe the final stage for the girls is 3 fight minutes rounds of MMA to see if they are actually fit to be a true american gladiator.

• Son says:

Gina Carano is the sexiest fighter out there. I’m sure NBC paid her very well to do this show especially since she’s the only True American Gladiator (she fights for a living). They should make an event where gina gets to spar with the contestants…that would be a bloodbath….lol I love Gina, she’s a pretty girl but she has the heart of a tiger with a vicious mean streak.