Ultimate Warrior = Insane (Slow News Day Video)

There isn’t jack going on in MMA news today, so we thought we’d bring you wrestling fans out there a chance to relive your childhood. For you non-wrestling fans, this is a good time for you to completely bash the Ultimate Warrior and his “tourniquet armbands.”

At one point in time I was a big wrestling fan. Looking back, I never really remembered just how insane some of Warrior’s rants were. This video is hilarious, wrestling fan or not.

• phyteguru says:

This absolutely made my day.

Well, that and the girl that was here last night.

• Paul Balsom says:

waka waka waka

• Ben says:

Holy shit. Wow. Thank you so much for that.

• SteveXtreme says:

Great Video! Just to add another little tidbit… The Ultimate Warrior, Jim Helwig, had his name legally changed to The Ultimate Warrior. Talk about insane!

• Evan says:

When MMA basically got banned in the US in the late 90’s /early 00’s I admit I tried to supplement my thirst for crazy combat sports by watching wrestling for about a year or 2. Triple H, The Rock, Goldberg…WWF vs WCW….hah…it was fun for a bit but it got old.

• jaydog says:

This is what’s missing from MMA today. Whatever the Warrior was talking about, it convinced me that he was going to kick ass every time I heard this stuff. For more nostalgia, and too much info really, check out the Warrior’s wikipedia entry:

• Adam Morgan says:

Jaydog-

I believe what you’re suggesting is that we need more Evan Tanner. You read some of the stuff Tanner writes and it reads almost exactly like what Warrior was saying, minus the roids.

• Evan says:

Exactly Adam. Which is why Tito needs to be more than a B class fighter who hasn’t been able to evolve with the new generation of fighters.

• jaydog says:

I just wish the comic book character that was the Ultimate Warrior would come to life and whip the UFC into shape. Maybe he should serve as a coach on TUF 7.

Okay, I was joking for the most part, but I really do miss the flamboyance of pro-wrestling (which, I’m sorry to say, I took very seriously as a kid). Any time I see top-down orchestration in MMA, I’ll cry foul, but the fighters who draw you in with their back-story and their pre-fight hype are often my faves. And I don’t mean Tito’s jingoist flag-waving or Ken Shammrock’s smack talk. Usually, a fighter’s mystique is conveyed through understatement (Cro Cop, Fedor, Hendo). But there are some who strike a pose and it works (Wandy “the Axe Murderer” or the “Junk Yard Dog” imitation by Rampage).

• When he said something about laying down like a lawn and getting run over with lawnmowers I pretty much lost it…god I miss the 80’s…

• barry mckockiner says: