Report: Terry Martin to fight Marvin Eastman @ UFC 81

MMAmania.com is reporting that Terry Martin and Marvin Eastman will be facing one another in a middleweight bout at UFC 81 on February 2 in Las Vegas.

Martin last appeared in the UFC at UFC Fight Night 11 on September 19 and was knocked out by Chris Leben in the third round.

Eastman has not appeared in the UFC since last February, when he lost to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson via second round TKO. He had been scheduled to return at UFC 77 on October 20 in Cincinnati against Demian Maia but Eastman pulled out of the fight due to an eye injury.

• Sam Cupitt says:

I remember the rush of happiness when Leben knocked Martin out cold… good times.

• Kelvin says:

I’d love to see the “Beastman” finally get a “W” in the UFC.

• Jay K. says:

I was so hoping that Leben would get knocked out by Martin. Then I saw the pics at the weigh in and Leben towered over Martin. I then knew Leben would get the win/knockout. Height isn’t everything, but in this instance it would be the advantage that Leben needed.

Jay K.

• jjdnb says:

Martin is cool and Leben is a shit talking C+ fighter at best. Cant beleive he beat Martin, I still think it was a fluke.
    Too bad for Eastman, another loss and the last time we will see him in the UFC

• Anton K says:

Where’s Leben anyway?

I can’t believe Eastman is fighting with a torn retina…

• jaydog says:

I would have been pulling for Leben and/or Martin if they weren’t fighting each other. The match was pretty darn good, if you ask me. Leben seemed much more disciplined, but it wasn’t until he got sloppy that we saw him get rocked and then land a haymaker. Good times. The look on his face was precious. Martin needs to increase his mobility rather than stand’n’bang everytime. Eastman will be a good test.

• bubbafat says:

Marvin Eastman is RIPPED at 205. I know he’s made it to 185 before, but, how? I mean this guy’s probably got a minus on his body fat ratio at 205?Either way if the Beastman is able to cut that kinda weight without sacrificing cardio and such, Terry Martin is in for a woopin’.