twitter google

Exclusive: Condit’s next opponent likely to be Prater

MMAWeekly.com first reported on Wednesday that sources connected to the camp of WEC welterweight champ Carlos Condit have indicated that his next title defense is expected to take place in February.

ProElite.com (SamCaplan.ProElite.com) learned late last week and has since verified that WEC officials are in the process of finalizing a title defense by Condit against Carlo Prater.

Furthermore, WEC officials are believed to be close to be formalizing an agreement for the show to take place on February 13 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

3 COMMENTS
  • Tom K says:

    Which David Terrel is that again?

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Jersey Tomato says:

    I can’t wait to see Condit in the octagon again. I have seen Prater (21-4-1) fight before and he is not a bad fighter. Interestingly, this will not be the first time they have squared off. They fought back in Sept. 2004, when Prater secured a win over the Natural Born Killer via triangle choke.

    So it looks like we have a grudge match brewing. Condit’s skills have obviously improved since 2004 but Prater is a gifted jujitsu fighter (most of his wins have come by way of submission; only two KO’s). I like the match-making here.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Andrej says:

    That is one more welterweight fight Jake Sheilds won’t be fighting for awhile. Sad don’t you think. O well there is always Paul Daley or Drew Fickett attleast.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ