UFC 79: The GSP Armbar (pics)

gsp_ufc79.jpg

gsp2_ufc79.jpg

gsp3_ufc79.jpg

Check out TONS more UFC 79 content at FiveOuncesofPain.com

• dizzle says:

well I said this match would end in an armbar…but just not delivered from GSP.

Great fight I give all the props in the world to GSP.

• Wang Chung says:

i feel a little bit of empathy for ol’ country boy. he really got manhandled. that judo/trip-slam thing was just the nail in the coffin. it was almost embarrassing how badly he got schooled.

• Rashad #1 says:

Matt Hughes wrestling what?

• dizzle says:

Wang it was a wrestling 101 basic head throw that got him to the ground.

and Rashad I don’t wanna hear it!

• Rashad #1 says:

• dizzle says:

=(

• Wang Chung says:

whatever it was, it was brutal and made hughes look like a ragdoll. i’ll say it again, it’s really somethin’ to come out and school the greatest WW ever, 2 times in a row, both standing and on the ground. just pure demolition.

• THORAZINE says:

“I TAP I TAP I TAP”!!!

“UNCLE UNCLE UNCLE”!!!

• THORAZINE says:

I’m a big fan of GSP however I find his strength, aggresiveness and stamina against HUGHES somewhat suspect of performance enhancing substances. I believe GSP’s skill is much better than Hughes but his strength and stamina was incredibly superior, I find that highly unusual.

• dizzle says:

my brother said the same thing when he seen him on TV.

He was like “dood when did they start allowing Performance Enhancers in this sport?”

He looked ripped but not like he was on steriods.

• Rashad #1 says:

lmfao at anyone who thinks GSP is on juice.. he was an alternate for the canadian olympic wrestling team and he ahs pissed more then a few times for the UFC and hasnt had any issues.. this is the first time I have EVER heard anyone claim GSP is on roids.. pretty sad statement indeed

• Rashad #1 says:

Maybe Hughes should just retire and stop making GSP look so dominant?

• dizzle says:

maybe u should get into the cage with him Rashad and make him retire…

What do ya think?

• Rashad #1 says:

after taht performance on saturday why not :)

• mike wolfe says:

What? No posts saying that GSP is arrogant and a lousy role model? Give it a few more weeks, I guess.

• Bob says:

Wow,

GSP dominated a dominating champion. Matt Hughes has been the most dominate champion the UFC has ever had. To be schooled that bad is amazing, beaten at his own game. I mean beaten, the south paw start was interesting, but truely not going to phase a guy of GSP’s level. That level is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet, although I would not argue against votes for Anderson Silva. Wow…

The comment about Performance Enhancing drugs is ridiculous. GSP has to pee in a cup way to often, no way. Any claim like that is just a Hughes fan chewing sour grapes.

Cheers.

• mike wolfe says:

#17 raises an interesting question. Exactly how often are fighters tested in the UFC? I’m left with the understanding that they’re tested in connection with fights, but are there random tests throughout any given period of time? Are there any rumors about contractual requirements for random testing? If a guy fights two or three times a year, can’t a knowledgeable individual time it so they’re off cycle and can pass the tests? It seems to work that way in other sports.

• tony says:

I hate when people talk about roids, even if gsp did roids, doesn’t mean he hasn’t worked his ass off to to get where he has gotten. It’s not like roids are some magic juice that makes you succeed. GSP dominated hughes in every way, and if all else was equal and gsp won strictly because of a roid advantage than props to gsp for being the more intelligent fighter and able to take them and not get caught. All that aside, fighters take steroids to recover from a fight not for a physical edge. Even the fighters themselves will admit. Look at gracie who got caught taking steroids around the time he faught hughes. Gracie still lost. Bottom line, who gives a fuck about roids. Bottom line, GSP won.