Ken Pavia: Jordan Radev and Richie Hightower dropped from the UFC

In a little snippet from Ken Pavia’s latest “Lifefood Diet” experiment at MMA Junkie, Ken tells us that two of his clients, Richie Hightower and Jordan Radev have been dropped from the UFC:

The day needed a pick-me-up so I called UFC matchmaker Joe Silva to check the progress of my guys’ fights. He said he was still working on it but then informed me they would be releasing two of them, Jordan Radev and Richie Hightower.

On Radev:

While I protested, he made good points. Jordan just lost to Dean Lister at the last UFC to bring him to 0-2 in the show. He is a Bulgarian Olympic wrestler who had killed it in Europe going 11-1.

On Hightower:

Joe Silva said we would be doing a disservice to this kid to throw him into the 170 mix at this stage of his development. “He is young, so why ruin him?” I will keep this kid working for sure.

I had a feeling that Hightower would get cut from the UFC if he lost his fight at the TUF 6 Finale. He just doesn’t have what it takes, at least at this point, to even be anywhere near the top of the UFC’s most talent laden division. Radev, on the other hand, is more of a disappointment than anything else. His wrestling credentials are very good but he was just never able to put it all together inside the Octagon. Going 11-1 in Europe is one thing. Winning one fight in the UFC is a task all unto itself.

• Rashad #1 says:

only one word to describe Radev’s UFC performances – Disappointing – he has all the credentials but cant seem to do anything short of low – tier work in the octagon.. Hightower will definately benefit from working smaller shows and getting some quality wins under his belt before he makes a splash inthe UFC

• Accomando says:

Well, at least now Radev will be able to see his kids grow up, cause he would have died if he fought another striker in the UFC. In fact, I thought he was dead after McFeddries destroyed him.

• Reno09 says:

Im not surprised they dropped Hightower, he doesnt seem that dedicated if you ask me. He fought well, but you can tell the kid cant stay in shape. His weight is always fluctuating- prob has something to do with his lifestyle. I think when he grows up a bit and gets serious he could do some damage, but he better start working on it now.
    At the same time, not everyone is meant to be in the UFC maybe its just not for him. He can do small shows for a hobby.

• Bristol says:

Jordan Radev needs a last chance!!!

• hightower fan says:

Hightower is more dedicated then you can imagine. His “lifestyle” is not in question nor is his ability. It is obviously due to the magnitude or people in that weight class. Just wait, he will be back.

• David Ness says:

As the fan says the guy’s lifestyle and ability arent in question. He simply got caught in the finale, other than that it was a fabulous fight and things could have gone much differently . He will be back, Richie is a tough s.o.b. and he deserves to be in the U.F.C. in the future. Oh yea and he is my buddy, so for all you haters, STOP THE HATE, AND QUIT SNITCHIN ……..