twitter google

Gina Carano helps 5 Oz. of Pain set traffic record

Yes, the title is a bit mis-leading. But it’s technically true.

On Monday, FiveOuncesOfPain.com broke its record for page views in a single day. The staff here was kind of surprised to see a major traffic surge following a non-fight weekend.

After some simple research we were able to see where the traffic was coming from: search hits from people using the term “Gina Carano.”

Nearly 20% of our traffic the last two days have been from first-time viewers to the site who stumbled upon us by doing a search on Carano via a major search engine such as Google or Yahoo!

If you’re one of those people who have stumbled upon us, thanks for checking us out and we hope you enjoy what you’ve been reading and stick around.

We know that other sites have experienced a rise in traffic from Carano searches as well. Right now, she’s the hottest thing in MMA and has been burning up search engines.

I’m still a little perplexed though because while I haven’t had a chance to watch American Gladiators, my friends and family have said that Carano, who appears on the show under the alter-ego “Crush,” has not been mentioned by her real name. And while a past as a “former cage fighter” has apparently been referenced, EliteXC has not been referred to by name. Somehow, people are still making the correlation between “Crush” and Gina Carano.

As a special thanks, here’s some video of Gina in action on AG, courtesy of NBC:

Check out more Gina Carano content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

10 COMMENTS
  • dizzle says:

    Congrats…we need more women around here.

    Should look into an application.cfm page to track non direct hits on the site too.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Evan says:

    Her dad used to be a backup QB for the Dallas Cowboys and a local radio station here “1310 the ticket” mentioned her. They told everyone to check her out by doing a google search. I wodner if a lot of those IP’s are from Dallas.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • jaydog says:

    I too am perpelxed. It’s great that so many people are discovering 5oz, cuz it’s one of the best ways to keep up to date about MMA. However, I don’t know if it’s a good sign that Gina accounts for such a high percentage of traffic. I mean, she’s super talented, but it’s clearly her other physical attributes that make her alluring to so many. (this coming from someone who does enjoy female combat sports) Not that anyone asked, but I would like to see a little less Gina on this site (or at least proportionate to other female fighters instead of proportionate to her bustiness). Sorry to be so contentious. But, that’s just how I roll.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Mike Wolfe says:

    Good for business and good for you. I’ll bet it was a little mind-blowing for people interested in American Gladiators to discover the world of MMA. I wouldn’t expect there to be much overlap.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • platypus says:

    mma fighters are real gladiators !!

    american gladiators are fun to watch, tho id wish theyd draw more blood

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • dizzle says:

    I doubt it Evan.

    Five Ounces of Pain is on page 3 of Google Search.

    90% of any search engine user doesn’t go past page 2, and the other 10% usually get tricked into clicking on a sponsored link.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • The Bean says:

    I think shes awesome. I also think this is great exposure for mma, so i dont see the harm in it.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Zack says:

    Evan – hello from a fellow Texan and P1!

    I remember the days of watching Glenn Carano on the sidelines with a clipboard very well…

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Evan says:

    Wassup Zack!

    yeah the Musers and BaD radio were talking about it.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • pooh says:

    You are getting the traffic because a picture of her shows up on the first page of Google image search.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ