Tickets for Kimbo vs. Tank go on-sale on Friday

There were several people who have asked when tickets would go on sale for EliteXC’s next card on February 16 featuring Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott at the UnitedBank Arena in Miami.  We’re hearing that tickets for the event will go on-sale this Friday morning.

• dizzle says:

ZZZzzZZzzzzZZZZ

Did someone say snorefest?

I could careless about a fight between Kimbo and Tank. I think that they shouldn’t make this fight happen. They need to be testing Kimbo with more superior oppenents….I can honestly say I see this fight ending like the Kimbo VS. Mercer fight.

• Rashad #1 says:

They just want this to be a slugfest dizzle hoping that Tank can actually take a punch.. I dont think Kimbo will even try to take him down I think after all the talk that has gone down Kimbo is going to try to beat on tank like he is one of those bums you see on youtube

• Rashad #1 says:

Sorry meant to say they are hoping Tank can STILL take a punch.

• Adam Morgan says:

Kimbo in Miami = huge draw.

• dizzle says:

yea big draw…but Not alot of people here in florida know who Kimbo is to be honest.

I live about 1 1/2 hours away from Miami. I wouldn’t think he’s that popular there considering MMA isn’t that big here in the south yet.

They should have held it in CA that would draw more attention than florida.

• Adam Morgan says:

Well, considering he’s from Miami and massive amounts of people know him from the internet fights, I’d say Florida is a good location for this bout.

• dizzle says:

Do you live in florida Adam? Have you ever been to a Event from UFC that was held in South Florida? I doubt you have. I’ve been to the Fight Nights in Miami and the crowds aren’t big at all. Most of the people I’ve talked to are usually tourists that think they are going to be watching boxing.

• JacRabbit says:

I’ll be there… Ticketmaster?

Dizzle who do you really expect Kimbo to fight for his 3rd MMA bout? Tito? I personally think it should be an interesting fight–don’t expect it to go past round 1, but I’m always down to watch a slugfest.

I’m sure Bas has only introduced Kimbo to the basics of the ground game at this point. Don’t expect to see Kimbo matched up with any proficient BJJ tacticians or wrestlers this early. Remember we’re talking about someone who is brand new to organized fighting and MMA all-together. You surely cant be concluding that his amateur street fights amount for much experience in this sport.

• dizzle says:

of course Rabbit.

I’m sure that this fight will end up either a TKO or Rear Naked Choke.

I think that Tank is going to be looking for a full mount with this fight. That’s the only place I see Kimbo being in trouble at.

• JacRabbit says:

I have to say–I live in Miami, and MMA seems to have been growing pretty rapidly down here. Miami or not, Kimbo is known widely from youtube and other internet sites. I’ve seen the videos years ago, long before they landed on the internet. I’ve known who he was well before his fight with Mercer, and so has the majority of people in this area. If promotion is done WELL locally this will be a HUGE draw.

• JacRabbit says:

Ill be surprised if UM students alone don’t fill half the venue.

• dizzle says:

Yea, but Jac the advertising budget isn’t able to pull a huge crowd.

Nobody here on the West Coast knows about Kimbo’s Fight unless they are huge MMA fans like ourselves. They need to rethink a good advertising campaign to grab the attention from the west and east coast…not just the east coast.

By the way I live in Southwest florida Naples/Fort Myers Area.

• dizzle says:

Also, I don’t think they want UM to fill their event. Plus, you can’t expect the college kids to have the money to spend with the venders. That’s one of the thing you have to keep in mind…There’s people out there they need to make money. I just don’t see college students having the money to spend on merch and beer…well maybe beer if they sneak it in.

• Captain says:

I am watching this fight. Not traveling to Miami to watch it… but I’m gonna watch it. I think this is a good fight for only being Kimbo’s second professional fight.

• Mr. Takedown says:

putting kimbo slice on a college campus in the town he is from is a promoters dream. EliteXC should be pushing this thing locally and virally, get these college kids to pack the house.

However that’s not going to happen. EliteXC doesn’t even post the fight cards of its events on its website.

At CFFC 5 in AC, the crowd went apeshit for Kimbo vs. Mercer. The guy has an electric following. It was awesome. Maybe about 6k-8K hardcore fans there. If you are anywhere around Miami for this fight, get your ass to the arena.

• RA says:

Im from the area also and have been to every ufc at the hard rock and they have been full everytime…Plus the kids going to UM usually have parents with deep pockets…

• JacRabbit says:

Yes, verrry deep pockets

• aric says:

is this going to be pay per view? who’s showing it? etc…….