This is the complete rumored card for the WEC’s next show on Wednesday, February 13 in Albuquerque, NM. A portion of the show will be telecast on Versus starting at 9 p.m. ET:
- Carlos Condit vs. Carlo Prater for the WEC welterweight title
- Rob McCullough vs. Jamie Varner for the WEC lightweight title
- Chase Beebe vs. Miguel Torres for the WEC bantamweight title
- Leonard Garcia vs. Hiroyuki Takaya
- Ox Wheeler vs. Del Hawkins
- Micah Miller vs. Chance Farrar
- Scott Jorgensen vs. Jesse Moreng
- Jeff Bedard vs. Yoshiro Maeda
- Josh Grispi vs. Mark Hominick
- Manny Tapia vs. Antonio Banuelos
Takaya, Maeda, Jorgensen, and Hawkins are all notable debuts on this show.
Hawkins defeated Brandon Foxworth on Dec. 28 at an IFO show in Vegas that took place before UFC 79. He looked real good in that bout and I mentioned that I thought he was ready for a shot at the WEC or ShoXC.
Jorgensen fought on the first-ever ShoXC card last summer and looked impressive in defeating Chris David. Jorgensen has a strong wrestling pedigree and is a strong prospect. I’m kind of surprised that EliteXC didn’t lock him down. Jorgenson is featured in our prospects section.
If this is the card that goes off, then it’s going to be a shame that all ten matches won’t be shown. All ten bouts look good on paper, but I have high hopes for the Tapia vs. Banuelos fight.