Georges St. Pierre is irritated with Matt Serra

Georges St. Pierre is apparently not too happy with what Matt Serra had to say about him after their last fight:

“We’ll see what’s going to happen next time. We’ll see if he’s as good at fighting as he is at talking,” Rush said, growing noticeably hot under the collar. “I have respect for him, but he has said a lot of things about me. I will let my fists do the talking next time I fight him. I’ve never answered him back. Next time I fight him, he’s going to feel it.”

“He said I was giving excuses. Which is bad. I shouldn’t say those things. But I did. He said, ‘aw Frenchy, go back to your red wine and hockey game.’ I’m a Frenchy guy … okay man, we’ll see next time. I never answered back to him, but I’m going to let my fist answer back next time. He’s not my friend. I had a good relationship with him. He’s a nice guy, he was a nice guy, until he crossed the line. Perfect. It’s going to be a different story next time.”

If I was Matt Serra I’d be shivering in my boots. This is way worse than when GSP told Matt Hughes “I am not impressed with your performance.” When GSP talks trash it flies so far under the radar because he’s so bad at it. He is such a gentleman that it seems really hard for him to talk garbage about other fighters. But this? This is GSP at his finest. “I’m going to let my fist answer back next time.” You hear that, Matt Serra? His fist!

Check out more Georges St. Pierre content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

• Mike Wolfe says:

I bet the fight doesn’t happen. Serra’s back will get “re-injured” between now and April, and he won’t get into the octagon.

• Adam Morgan says:

I bet he fights. He just has to know in the back of his mind that he’s going to get worked over this time around. GSP needs to take this fight to the ground and finish Serra with elbows from the top. Serra won’t be able to submit him from the bottom. GSP shouldn’t even try to stand with Serra and let him wing those heavy hands around.

• AH says:

it will be interesting to see whether GSP uses his stand up or wrestling to take this fight. GSP is on another level now. hes been hearing so much shit from BJ, Hughes and Serra that hes got to be pissed off. GSP has never had a dull fight so i expect him to leave pieces of Serra laying around the cage after this one.

• Patrick Tenney says:

Serra can’t help it, he let’s his mouth go all the time. This time however, I think he legitimately might have made Georges angry, especially since he went after the guys culture in a derogatory way. Essentially, look for GSP to put the hurt on Serra, I don’t think Serra has a shot in hell of beating GSP at this point in both of their careers. GSP has the speed, the strength, the technique, and if he shows up mentally… then Serra is in for one hell of a beating a’la GSP – Hughes UFC 79.

• sam is BS says:

Hey sam did you still have GSP’s penus in your mouth while writing this?

• Sam Caplan says:

LOL, do you have penis on your brain? Not only can you not spell the word correctly, you failed to notice that no one named “Sam” wrote the post. DOH!

• Ivan Trembow says:

What in the hell is St. Pierre talking about? At a time when both Serra and St. Pierre had nothing but positive and respectful things to say to each other, it was St. Pierre who went on a Canadian radio station and talked about how he hardly trained for the fight and how it was so embarrassing to lose to someone on Matt Serra’s level. Nice revisionist history from GSP, but he was the one who started the disrespect between himself and Serra.

• steve24 says:

Ivan – You took the words right out of my mouth. GSP is the one who disrespected Serra first by making excuses giving Serra no credit. Who cares that he called you a frenchy.

• Michaelthebox says:

Ivan, theres a difference between general shit talking and going after a person’s culture and background.

• Wang Chung says:

sorry, but the thing with georges on the radio was minor in comparison to serra’s kneejerk spazz response. i don’t know how many of you actually heard it, but i heard him live on mmaweekly freaking out right after that story broke, for nearly the whole segment, just laying into georges from every angle. he definitely ‘crossed the line’ in my opinion. ol’serra got reeeeeeeaaaaalllly hot under the collar about that and kind of lost it. as far as serra taking this fight, he is TOTALLY game. serra is awesome, he doesn’t give a fuck who you are. that said, he’s probably going to get beaten into retirement.

• Ivan Trembow says:

I felt that St. Pierre was more offensive in his initial radio interview in Canada than Serra was in his interview on MMAWeekly Radio where he responded to St. Pierre, but maybe that’s just me.

• Alex Pelletier says:

In a recent interview (in French), GSP said he lost respect for him the day when Serra, although he was right of feeling insulted by the remarks made by Georges after his defeat, went to far by transforming a simple rivalry into a racial incident, calling St-Pierre a “fu***** frenchie”.

• Ivan Trembow says:

Again, none of that happened until after St. Pierre disparaged Serra in that Canadian radio interview.

• ADAM is BS says:

HEY ADAM MORGAN do you still have GSP’s penis in your mouth while writing this?
    and sam I didnt write penis the write way cause I thought you would erase it.

• Gabber says:

Man, you guys are crazy. It’s not like GSP was talking out of his ass. The whole time leading up to the fight people talked about how inferior Matt Serra was. Wasn’t he like a 10-1 or 14-1 underdog? Like seriously man, he was just answering questions about how he lost to such a huge underdog. I don’t think it was personal.

Whatever, GSP will put Serra into retirement, just like Hughes. :D

• Adam Morgan says:

Adam is BS-

Great to have you on the site!

• GirlyGirl says:

Normally I’m not a GSP fan, just because of the way he approached EVERY fight with Hughes, but this time he’s totally right. Serra had no respect.

GSP didn’t insult him, he insulted HIMSELF.

• The Bean says:

Well now that you learned how to spell penis, maybe you can learn the diff between write and right…baby steps man, baby steps.

• The Bean says:

Oh yea….WAR GSP!!

• HexRei says:

# # 1 Mike Wolfe Says:
    January 16th, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Wow, he drops out of one fight for an injury and all of a sudden he’s a fight dodger? I guess you must not know much about Matt Serra. He has fought some of the toughest guys in MMA and is a very standup dude. If you seriously want to bet on this (and we both know you wouldn’t, since if you look at his history there is nothing to suggest he will try to duck out of his fight with GSP) I’ll take that bet.

• Accomando says:

“…a racial incident, calling St-Pierre a “fu***** frenchie”…”

Racial incident, WTF?

The French are not a “race” nor were they ever a race, therefore he can’t be “racist” by calling him “frenchy”.

Learn the meaning of the word.

• cyphron says:

I don’t blame GSP. The French would be insulted if they were called Frenchie, let alone a Canadian. ;)

• Evan says:

hah…they are just playing it up.

• JacRabbit says:

#21 You obviously get his point…

• Wang Chung says:

georges should have kept it under wraps, but come on, it’s not like he called serra a stupid ignorant american and called serra’s mom a fat italian sweat hog.

in any case, i don’t think this fight is going to get out of the first round. when georges goes into a fight determined and motivated, he crushes people. case in point, matt hughes. the second fight he smoked him standing, the last fight he smoked him on the ground. and you can be sure he planned it that way, to just make a large point to everyone that the greatest WW ever is not even close to him in any aspect of the game. it’s awesome and a testament to serra’s character that he is so game for this fight, but really, he’s going to get completely worked worse than he’s ever been in his career.

• Derek B. says:

George just needs to watch out for Serra’s heavy hands. I think if he gets caught a couple good times during the fight Serra could come out with the victory.

but I think george will take the fight considering he’s going to be training harder and he’ll be in better shape physically than Serra.

• Ritchie says:

serra doesn’t have ‘heavy hands’ that was luck.

• Ritchie says:

hey ADAM is BS,
    u actually spelled penis correctly that time,
    but u managed to spell **right** wrong.

• HexRei says:

# # 27 Ritchie Says:
    January 17th, 2008 at 3:40 pm

serra doesn’t have ‘heavy hands’ that was luck.

Dude, he hit GSP like eight times and had him running around wobbled for like fifteen seconds before finally TKOing him. He may not have heavy hands, but no one TKO’s someone like that out of “luck”.

• Michaelthebox says:

Accomando, you’re taking way too strict a view of race. People from basically any country can be different enough racially to inspire the sort of hate we typically attribute to “racism.” The Irish were one of the most hated groups in America for years, and they’re white as white gets.

• mike wolfe says:

HexRei–

So what do you propose?

• ArmyGuy says:

What ever happenned to not giving a rat’s ass what other people say? Who cares what Matt called GSP or vice versa? These are grown men, right? And they even get to solve it in the ring, unlike poor bastards like us that just have to quietly hate the people that piss us off because beating the crap out of them in public sort of falls outside of societal norms…

This fight doesn’t really need any drama. They’re both great fighters and they are both going to come to win. Serra is not afraid of St. Pierre, even though most of us think he should be. People keep doubting the guy and he keeps winning. Not that I don’t think he will get the ever-loving shit beat out of him…but there’s still that chance he will win.

Should be fun to watch.