twitter google

Report: Anthony Ruiz to make UFC debut vs. David Heath on Feb. 2

Reports that David Heath had been completely removed from the UFC 81 card scheduled for February 2 in Las Vegas following an injury to Tomasz Drwal were premature, according to MMAWeekly.com.

According to the web site, UFC 81 will remain a nine-bout card as veteran Anthony Ruiz has been secured as Heath’s new opponent.

The UFC has yet to confirm that Ruiz has been signed to the promotion and will compete on the card.

If the report is correct, Ruiz, 20-10, will be making his UFC debut after having competed the last four years in various promotions such as Gladiator Challenge, King of the Cage, the WEC, and Strikeforce. He has won six consecutive fights with notable wins over Brad Imes and Bobby Southworth.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

4 COMMENTS
  • Jeremy says:

    UFC.com is now reporting Tim Boestch will step in now to face Heath. Guess that’s the official word, seemed rather quich turnaround for Ruiz anyways

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • bigfish042 says:

    Sam Caplan……..

    I seen that Ruiz just beat Brad Imes recently. Is Ruiz the guy that Southworth just lost to on the last Strikeforce show????

    Thanks

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Sam Caplan says:

    Bigfish, read the entire writeup I did. Thanks.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • bigfish042 says:

    I thought that was the guy I was thinking about. I would like to see wht he can do in the UFC.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ