Frank Mir says Brock Lesnar made a mistake by signing to fight him at UFC 81 (video)

Here’s a new video from Raw Vegas TV where Frank Mir says Brock Lesnar made a mistake by signing to fight him at UFC 81. I’ve got to admit, the hype for this one is starting to get to me. Enjoy!

Check out more UFC 81 content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

• Derek B. says:

I’m really glad to see that Mir is taking this fight serious.

I’m rooting for him to pull off the win, and send those Pro Wrestling fans home packing.

• Danny says:

I honestly hope that lesnar doesnt think that he’s gonna be able to put mir on his back and finish in that manner. mir has got awesome skills off his back. its freakish that he’s that big and can pull off submissions from nowhere.

• Anton K says:

Yeah, people forget just how skilled Mir really is… tough first fight for Lesnar.

• Derek B. says:

2nd fight Anton for Lesnar

• bigfish042 says:

It is more likely that the UFC threatened to sit Mir on the sidelines like AA for the next year if he …………

– doesnt stop talking about how he still works at the club full time
    – doesnt act like he is scared shitless of Lesnar and start some hype for the damn fight
    – and acts like he is training for the biggest fight of his life

• bigfish042 says:

You know that the UFC has to know something. They DO NOT liek to lose money. They spent a lot of money on Lesnar and are counting on him becoming a big star. They wouldnt just feed him to the wolves. I am telling you, the UFC knows something that only Mir and Lesnar know

• Mike MacLeod says:

bigfish042, who says that the UFC is paying Lesnar a lot of money? I’m sure he’s not getting paid Corey Hill money but I’m just as sure he’s not getting paid Chuck Liddell money.

• Rich says:

bigfish042,
    what could the UFC know that we don’t??
    i mean.
    we got to see how he fights and what type of gameplan he might have when we saw the min soo kim fight.
    we know he has a decent wrestling game, and we don’t really know how his standing striking is.
    if the UFC has seen something impressive in his stand up striking game. . that’s about all the UFC could know that we don’t. . . and even if he does have some random amazing standup. . . why didn’t he use it against min soo kim??
    And if by some miracle he has good sub’s [which i strongly doubt] he won’t be able to sub Mir.
    Either way… if Mir is taking this fight seriously… and he enjoys MMA again… he shouldn’t have too many problems finishing Lesnar.

• screwface says:

i want Mir to win but he hasnt been the same since that motorcycle accident. either way this is a good test for Lesner, if he doesnt pass then we know where he stands in mma.

• JustMike says:

I could not get through this interview because of the subpar questions.
    “How important is it to stay standing?”
    “Do you want to fight him?”
    Ugh.

• Luis says:

brock lesnar thinks he can come in here with his muscles and just dominate. i hope mir cranks that fucking arm and snaps it like he did to sylvia because you ought to earn your keep in mma not come in hollering like you’re the devastator that everyone should be afraid of. lesnar is the big jock who was the bully in school.

• Evan says:

I can’t remember any match up that has consistently brought on so much debate as this one. That’s why this is headlining and that’s why the UFC signed this guy. Whether people like him or not this is a huge curiosity and the PPV numbers will be outstanding.

• Jeff says:

mir’s commentary is classic…”law practitioner”. where can i get a black belt in law?

• Rich says:

Evan just made the point i was trying to make w/ bigfish042.
    it’s not that the ufc know’s something we don’t.
    you say they wouldn’t put him against mir unless they knew ‘SOMETHING’.
    well.
    i think they’re thinking WAYYYY less about whether or not brock will lose and WAYYYY more about how much money the fight will rack in.
    aaaaalllll this debate.
    and now.
    people wanna see what’s gonna happen.

• Rich says:

I hope Mir rips his arm off and beats him with it. Lesnar is a FAG!

• Roy Jones says:

BL is a huge draw overseas and a decent draw statesside. The UFC is counting the money. Thats it period.

• Rich says:

#15.
    YET ANOTHER RICH ON THE SITE…
    NOOOOOO!!

• dice says:

# # 7 Mike MacLeod Says:
    January 25th, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Mike you must not know much about mr. Lesnar. He made 500 large for his first MMA fight and he is not the kind of guy to take a huge pay cut (although my guess is he is probably making less than 500k for his first fight).

Read some old wrestling observers, Lesnar has always been known as a guy who demands large paydays (sometime the largest). The UFC isn’t getting off cheap with him, especially since they are banking on his name to sell a lot of PPV’s (and I am sure Lesnar and his agent know this, hence his asking price was large). Don’t be surprised if the commission report show him making the most on the UFC 81 card (a card thats featuring 2 former UFC heavyweight champs and a Former Pride heavyweight champ). So yeah he may not being making Chuck Liddell money (since Chuck is the highest paid fighter in the UFC), but I am sure that he is in the top 10 if not the top 5 highest paid UFC fighters (or will be I should say since he has yet to fight).

Make no mistake, the UFC is hoping Lesnar wins this. He is much more marketable than Mir and already has a fan base. They need to generate excitement for their pathetic Heavyweight division and they are hoping Lesnar can be the guy to help them out with that.

• mike wolfe says:

If UFC is paying Lesnar as much as dice thinks (I have no idea), and given the amount of attention this fight is getting, Lesnar needs to dominate. Anything less will be a big let down.

• Evan says:

Since the UFC isn’t doing signing bonuses anymore it will be very interesting to see what his fight pay is.

• Rich says:

I DON’T SEE WHY THE UFC IS PAYING SO MUCH FOR HIM [if they even are].
    Lesnar’s not even a likable guy.
    and to be honest. . . no matter how good he does against Mir. . . he would never be the reason I tuned in to a PPV. . . and i’m sure there’s plenty of people who agree w/ me.

• screwface says:

#21, id tune in just to see a wrestler get his ass kicked. and im pretty sure plenty of people agree with me on that :p. im hoping kurt angle stops bein a pussy and comes to mma too for the same reason. These wrestlers talk the talk but dont walk the walk. same with floyd mayweather, get in the cage so i can root for your proper ass whippin ;)

• nodak says:

Most replies on here are anti Lesnar and that’s ok. I can’t predict the outcome of the fight but I believe the only way Mir can win is with submission and for that Mir will have to break both of Lesnars arms. As for Lesnars payday I don’t think this fight is about money.

• jeramy dirbin says:

• Evan says:

“are you guys stupid..ufc is fake..all wrestling is fake..u all need 2 get a life”

Dang it! I already bought the effing card! I want a REFUND!

• Evan says:

“he would never be the reason I tuned in to a PPV”

But you are in the minority here. A lot of people will purchase this just to see him. The discussion about this card is insane. Everywhere you go people are talking about this card and it’s because of Brock.

• Adam Morgan says:

Jeramy-

UFC is fake? Is this 1993?

• Sam Caplan says:

Hey, when Royce Gracie choked out everyone at UFC 1 I was convinced it was faker than wrestling. I thought they all got paid to do jobs. I had no idea the power of jiu-jitsu at the time… and I was a teenager.

• jeramy dirbin says:

these guys dont even have athletic bodies..that means there not athletes..u have to be ripped 2 be an athlete..ufc is not a real sport..anyone can punch and kick..it takes a real man to play BASEBALL. ufc is fake..and there all week pussies