Top Korean, Dong Hyun Kim, Joins UFC

MMA Fightline reports that the UFC has signed top Korean fighter Dong Hyun Kim. The source of the report is the Korean-language site, Mfight.

Kim holds an undefeated record of 8-0-1 with notable wins over Hidenobo Koike and Yukiharu Maejima. Kim also defeated DEEP champion Hidehiko Hasegawa in a non-title fight at DEEP 31. His last fight was a rematch against Hasegawa in October, which resulted in a draw.

Kim is set to fight in the welterweight division sometime in March or April.

• Evan says:

Can’t say I know anything about this guy but I really like the flurry of up and coming intl flavor the UFC is adding.

• Rich says:

i can’t say the same.
    now.
    i can’t pronounce half the people’s names.

• Evan says:

It’s simple Rich. He’s “the new Korean guy” and the dude from a few weeks ago? Well…”he’s the new Croatian guy”…there ya go! Thats how I will handle it. :)

• Jeremy says:

Rousimar Palhares also signed a 4 fight deal yesterday, per tatame and graciemag.com.

• Mike MacLeod says:

There are a ton of Kim’s fights on YouTube if you guys are interested.

• Derek B. says:

The guy is the real deal. I just watched 2 of his fights on youtube.

I didn’t see how his ground game is…but he’s def a good striker…but we all know UFC is known for their Competition to have the best ground game out of any Org.

• paddiosf says:

Another good signing, also Rousimar Palhares signed..Check him out on Daily Motion, he looks like another Paulo Fihlo…I read on Tatame that Paulo Fihlo has only 2 fights on his contract with the WEC…he said that there isn’t enough opponents for him to fight…I have the feeling he may becoming to the UFC…..

• Rich says:

i hope he [filho] does.
    he would get crushed.
    to see where i stand on paulo filho you should check my comment on the ‘WEC Vice President Peter Dropick confirms March show in Sacramento a possibility’ article.

and as for all the complicated names… maybe i’ll just start using initials.