Frank Mir gives his impression of Brock Lesnar post-fight (audio)

In a very good interview with Steve Cofield of ESPN Radio 920 out of Las Vegas, NV, Frank Mir talks about his fight with Brock Lesnar and what kind of future Brock has in the UFC. Pretty interesting listen, as Mir is articulate as always, even after getting punched in the face by a manchild like Lesnar.

• Patrick says:

Every time I listen to Mir talk or watch an interview with the guy I just gain more and more respect for him. Terrific performance under pressure from Lesnar, and hopefully we’ll get to see him keep on rolling.

• Kelvin says:

Mir’s always articulate…and a good interview…glad to see that he doesn’t necessarily believe he deserves a title shot after beating Hardonk/Lesnar…if he fights Sylvia next and wins…THEN he would be deserving IMO.

• I’m with Patrick… Mir is one of the more interesting fighters to listen to. I like his realistic views on his fights, performance and fighting for the title. I almost wish he would do commentary for the UFC and WEC, he could replace Randy as the voice of a fighter.

• Rich says:

i think it’s nice to see some people who have respect for Mir..

i’ve always had tremendous respect for the guy, especially since he actually decided to continue fighting and working for his spot in the UFC even after the devistating accident..

a lot of the people on this site LOVE to argue that he’s not good, never was good, blah blah blah…

there’s no escaping the facts..

• Caleb says:

After listening to his interviews, how can you not respect Mir? It takes a big man to be gracious in defeat, it takes a bigger man to be gracious in victory.

• Jay K. says:

I always enjoy his technical pespective. He’s humble and like others have stated, a very good interview.

Jay K.

• A.C Slater says:

Doesn’t Mir already do commentating for WEC?

• Derek B. says:

Yes Slater he’s does a very good job commenting for the WEC I should add.

Mir is a class act…he doesn’t go through his interview talking and bragging about how he defeated his opponent. He goes through and talks about how he was in danger during the fight, and that Lesnar is very strong and powerful fighter. You can tell that Mir respect Lesnar for getting into the Octagon with a pretty good game plan and ambition to win the fight.

• Jarrod says:

I agree. Frank seems to be a great guy with tons of knowledge. I think he would be a great coach for TUF. I hope more people get the chance to realize what a good person for the sport he is.

• What a fight yeah?? I never blog on this kind of stufff, but that fight was awesome. Frank gives a great interview and shows himself as the consumate class act that he is. I have seen so many rude comments posted to his own site after that fight that I am shocked. Must be a lot of angry wife beating wrasslin fans out there. (the moderators post them anyway, another show of class on Franks part)

On another note, this interview should be a lesson to guys like, oh Bispin for instance. Be respectful, maybe one tenth of one percent of the population has the stones to get in the cage.

• Betty says:

Awesome Fight! Frank is a classy, intelligent guy. Proves the fact that brains & experience can win over brawn. Lets get Frank as a coach on TUF!!!