UFC 81 – Paydays, Bonuses, and Injuries

BadManSports.com has obtained documents from the Nevada State Athletic Commission outlining the salaries that the fighters received at UFC 81. Also provided are the medical suspensions levied to six fighters.

Also included in the list below (not included in NSAC documents) are the bonuses that the UFC paid for fight of the night, KO of the night, and submission of the night.

Tim Sylvia – $100,000 plus an additional $60,000 for ‘fight of the night.’

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira – $200,000 plus an additional $60,000 for ‘fight of the night.’ He is also is suspended until March 2 with no contact until February 24.

Brock Lesnar – $250,000

Frank Mir – $80,000 plus an additional $60,000 for ‘submission of the night.’ He is suspended until March 2 with no contact until February 24.

Nate Marquardt – $52,000

Jeremy Horn – $25,000

Ricardo Almeida – $40,000

Robert Yundt – $5,000

Tyson Griffin – $36,000

Gleison Tibau – $11,000

Chris Lytle – $24,000 plus an additional $60,000 for “KO of the night’.

Kyle Bradley – $4,000. He is suspended until March 19 with right facial lacerations with no contact until March 2.

David Heath – $6,000. He must clear a nasal fracture with a doctor or no contest until August 1. Minimum suspension until April 3 with no contact until March 19.

Tim Boetsch -$12,000

Terry Martin – $12,000

Marvin Eastman – $14,000. He is suspended until March 2 with a right upper eyelid laceration with no contact until February 24.

Robert Emerson – $16,000

Keita Nakamura – $5,000. He is suspended until March 19 with no contact until March 2.

• Derek B. says:

Mir got hurt that bad during the fight?

• Michaelthebox says:

Dude, he looked like he dove face-first into a wasp nest.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Getting pounded on the head (couple illegal) by Brock Lesnar has to hurt. His face was a little smashed up too.

Couple observations from the fights:

Tim Boetsch – that guy impressed the heck out of me. I loved seeing Heath getting beatup from a guy who took the fight in the last couple days. His straight kicks were nice.

Rob Emerson – I see no skill from this guy at all. That fight was horrible. He does not deserve to be in the UFC in my opinion. Send him to KOTC, or something else, until he learns something.

My fav topic – I noticed that the proven cheaters got paid the most. I have no proof on Nog (haven’t even looked) and am not talking about him, but Lesnar, Silvia, and Nate are all PROVEN roid heads. I guess it pays to cheat? Hmm.

• Derek B. says:

Jiu-Jitsu Guy
    I’m guessing you missed the disclaimer under the fighters name during the fights.

• Mike Wolfe says:

I’m glad to see Lytle get some bonus money. I really liked that guy on TUF, and I think he’s much better than his record may suggest. Good fight on Saturday, too.

• Brent says:

“His straight kicks were nice.”

LOL – successful trolling is going to require basic fighting knowledge – ie: knowledge of what a front kick/teep looks like…

You’re almost there noob!

• Derek B. says:

ALright this is like the 100th time i’ve asked this.

What does “trolling” mean?

• Rln says:

“What does “trolling” mean?”

Not any kind of official definition but I would say it’s when you intentionally say/write things that you know to be false because you want to get a rise out of people. Usually done by people with very small minds to humor themselves ;-)

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“ie: knowledge of what a front kick/teep looks like…”

OH SORRY WIMP. I meant front kick. Sorry tool, I haven’t taken Wing Chun since I was a kid. I don’t bother with that stuff anymore, as I will simply choke you out or snap a limb doing something else.

You are the tool, that is for sure. See, I have a killer job while you will be regretting your pathetic life until you die.

Oh, and military is where it’s at wimps. I bet all of you were too afraid to do that too. Just watch while others do it.

Go to hell puss. This website sucks because of the sorry ass people who post on it. Off to Sherdog WIMPS!!

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

THIS WEBSITE IS A F*CKING JOKE, HAS HARDLY ANY TRAFFIC, AND IS GETTING DESTROYED BY SEVERAL OTHER MMA SITES.

Bye LOSERS!!!!! Have fun talking to a bunch of wannabe fighters and little wimps who haven’t proven sh*t in their lives.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Oh and Sam, you are a bald headed f*cking loser who is a nobody in this world. I swear, writers and actors think they are so special. You are a zero in my world fool.

You started it punk and now I end it.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

According to several sites and YouTube calling it a straight kick was correct.

WHO IS THE F*CKING PILE OF SH*T IDIOT NOW?

YOU HAVE BEEN OWNED AGAIN!

• Sergio says:

Haha, holy shit Brent, you fucking broke his brain!!

• Brent says:

I don’t think JJGay realizes how many people that bald headed loser Sam has killed in underground death matches – otherwise, why would he risk his own life posting such naughty things?

• Sam Caplan says:

LOL. How did my name even come up in this thread? JJG, it was BRENT who challenged you, not me. It would help if you read who the authors are of the posts you’re responding to.

• Rich says:

JJGUY — “THIS WEBSITE IS A F*CKING JOKE, HAS HARDLY ANY TRAFFIC, AND IS GETTING DESTROYED BY SEVERAL OTHER MMA SITES”

i wish he would just name a few sites that are “DESTROYING” this one…

talk about a loser who can’t have a debate w/o flipping the hell out.

every comment he’s ever left on an article has turned into a huge argument that ended with him telling us how he REALLY trains.. and that he’s a DOCTOR..

if you would make some better points and find some logic that makes sense no body would be on your ass..

• Brent says:

Sam, I think it’s obvious I am a puppet that YOU are trying to DESTROY JJGay’s good name with!

• JollyDV says:

JJGuy how you bring the military into your tirade is awful. I served 14 years and am a 100% disabled vet. With that said, I have the right and duty to tell you that you have no class and you shame the military and all the soldiers,airmen, sailors and marines who serve with your rant and raves and to lower yourself to call names is childess and immature. If you chose not to read this site, then so be, but stop all the nonesense. Straighten up and serve like a man, serve our country honorably.

• Evan says:

Jeez dude…it’s like a junior high relationship with this guy…he threatens to “break up” all the time.

• Rich says:

after such a juvenille outrage from JJ-Guy… i bet he’s still going to check this site every day…

hahaha…

i do believe he was threatening to leave last week also..

i wish he would spare us..

• Sam Caplan says:

LOL Brent. Yes, because we all know he’s done so much to build his good name with his posts here. :)

• Evan says:

Thanks for not deleting his posts Sam. I love them.

• Brent says:

Dude, JJGay is AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD DOCTOR! Think of the chi he could unleash with his “straight” kick after all those years of imaginary training…!

• Sam Caplan says:

Evan, no prob. I thought someone other than myself would appreciate the unintentional comedy.

• Mike MacLeod says:

Zoinks!

This is the most comments any of my posts have received so far. Thanks for setting a new milestone for me, JJ Guy.

• THORAZINE says:

JJGUY’ Please do not leave!! I really enjoyed reading your replies, please post more of the same!

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

You want more Thorazine? Wish granted!!

Hey wimp Brent. I see you have no response for your unwarranted attack on me (admission I owned you). I put your sorry ass in your place. It is called straight kick or front kick. Just like you are either a major league wimp or baby. You can use both. :)

AND I WILL SAY THIS FOR THE LAST TIME. I grew up around accomplished, hard working people. Funny how everything I do is fake to you. I guess you grew up around scum because anything more than that is impossible for you to believe. That is your problem, not mine.

Sam: You messed with me on another post. That is why I went off on you on this post.

Now back to martial arts. I only post on this site because I’m too lazy to post on other sites. I also like the format of the stories and how you comment at the end.

• Evan says:

“AND I WILL SAY THIS FOR THE LAST TIME.”

I am going to go ahead and go out on a limb and doubt that statement.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

LOL. All I was saying was stop attacking me personally. FOCUS ON MMA, not me.

• Mike Wolfe says:

I’m going to go out on a limb here. This isn’t meant as an insult. Really. But was there ever a time when you suffered a significant head injury, Jiu-Jitsu Guy? Hair-trigger tempers frequently are a side effect.

• Evan says:

All I was saying was stop attacking me personally”

I seriously doubt anyone ever really means to attack people on this site, some people may just take thing too seriously some times.

• Rich says:

“LOL. All I was saying was stop attacking me personally. FOCUS ON MMA, not me.”

JJG- if you ask me… you’re the only one on this site that doesn’t follow that code..

i mean, you have 5 posts on JUST THIS ARTICLE… where you personally attack people..

so now you’re a hypocrite?

oh, and i love how you said this: “THIS WEBSITE IS A F*CKING JOKE, HAS HARDLY ANY TRAFFIC, AND IS GETTING DESTROYED BY SEVERAL OTHER MMA SITES” and then… went on to say this: “I also like the format of the stories and how you comment at the end.”

you go straight from saying this website is a joke… to saying that this site has the best format… [or at least, that was implied]..

you really are crazy..

• JDigga says:

Boetsch is a JKD guy, which was hard to tell at first; but one of their best moves to create distance is the rear leg HIP kick. Noticed where most of them landed, they were used to control the position of Heath. It’s not always the prettiest kick, but it’s effective. Now I haven’t watched the fight since that night, but as far as I could tell, he was right on target.

As far as Lesnar, Silvia, and Nate on ‘roids… Lesnar was in the WWE, so it comes to be expected. Silvia as I recalled experimented not to gain muscle, but to tighten himself up (we’ve all seen those flapping ‘love handles’), and Nate… no likely excuse other than to gain weight. Also, keep in mind that these guys have to undergo a drug test after the fight; if they choose to fight or train while on a cycle, they will likely get caught. Steroids don’t clear your system as soon as you stop using them. Most take 3 months to 18 months to completely clear your system. The World Anti-Doping Agency also has no tolerance for them in the system and are quick to have you suspended for them. Ask Shawn Sherk.

Now, as I do feel it was a little quick to call JJguy a NOOB (which by the way, who still uses that word?); how friggin’ weird is it to see him flip out?

• Matt C. says:

this thread is hilarious. I feel sad that I caught on the day after yet another infamous JJGuy flip out.

Not that I NEED to clarify a few points, more like I WANT to…
    – if you hate this site so much, why do you keep coming back AND commenting multiple times. Every time you do, you give us more visits and more pageviews. Not to mention your scaring all the children with your YELLING and outrageous usage of the word “wimp”
    – we are not “getting destroyed by other mma websites” that’s impossible as we are an up-n-coming site who’s traffic has grown by double digit % every month for the last 5 months. I agree that most credible MMA sites should also be seeing similar growth as the sport is becoming more popular, but is that qualified as “destroying us”. In fact I’d put our % growth up against any other site.
    – most of the members of the armed forces that frequent this site are polite and respectable individuals, and that observation is from personal experience from my interacting with more then a few of them. Can you tell us all where you serve so we may inquire into your probable medical discharge from the front/straight kick to the dome you’ve no doubt suffered in the recent past.

Respectfully,