WEC 32: Condit vs. Prater Results

When: Feb 13, ’08
Where: Albuquerque, NM. @ Santa Ana Star Center

• Carlos Condit def. Carlo Prater via Submission (Guillotine Choke) R1.
  • Jamie Varner def. Rob McCullough via Knockout R3
  • Miguel Torres def. Chase Beebe via Submission (Guillotine Choke) R1.
  • Manny Tapia def. Antonio Banuelos via Split Decision.
  • Leonard Garcia def. Hiroyuki Takaya via Knockout R1.
  • Josh Grispi def. Mark Hominick via Submission (RNC) R1.
  • Coty Wheeler def. Del Hawkins via Submission (Armbar) R2.
  • Yoshiro Maeda vs. Charlie Valencia via TKO R1.
  • Micah Miller def. Chance Farrar via TKO R1.
  • Damacio Page def. Scott Jorgensen via Unanimous Decision

Check out more WEC content on FiveOuncesofPain.com

• Evan says:

• Adam Morgan says:

Boring? Really? I thought it was a very fun evening, especially McCullough vs. Varner. I don’t know what the hell Prater was doing. He left himself in a very bad position twice and got choked out way too easily.

• Zack says:

It was decent. Razor looked like a different fighter, and Varner took advantage of that, to say the least…

• Evan says:

Meh..maybe it was just me. Perhaps all the CC chaos has made me skeptical of everything mma! :)

• vslimm says:

ive been looking at this web~site via my phone for a few months now (unfortunately can’t affor a good puter)……. two title changes a crazy score card change (randomly) yet i do believe that tapia won anyways. chase bebee looked really weak compaired to his other fights… rozor rob got took out @ his own game which was interesting in its self, yet what was with the time out?? big question i was watching the commercial for UFC 81 who is keith jardine fighting??

• Brent says:

Awesome time out by Varner!

• steve24 says:

“Ended up being a boring card IMO. Oh well.. looked like an awesome card…can’t when them all. Looking forward to the next one.”

Seriously? What more were you looking for? A controversial decision to start the night ( due to a nice 3rd. round war that ended with a judge changing their mind), a quick KO, and two Champs losing their belt? Hmm..

My big question is, why isn’t any MMA site covering the add for UFC 82 with Jardine fighting???????????????????????????????????????

• Adam Morgan says:

Steve,

I think the ad for UFC 82 has been addressed on a lot of forums as a marketing error by the UFC. The ad I saw on Spike after the event had that piece with Jardine taken out and replaced with Heath Herring.

• Tyson says:

I was not happy with the time out. Varner was hurt. No doubt about it. But Razor definitely didnt look his best.

• screwface says:

That timeout was so cheese, a def ploy to recover from that almost ko blow he took.
    but they let him get away with it, so whatever. was about to get real upset with the tapia draw then the last minute decision change happened. what was that all about??

entertaining evening of fights overall, cant complain.

• garth says:

in the tapia fight i was really confused when they announced the result at first…what the hell ends up with that score? it had to be a mistake. combine that with the ridiculous “time out” idiocy in the mccullough fight and it sure makes WEC look like a rinky-dinky organization. I went through the PBP after i got to watch the DVR, and there was:
    1) a body-kick KO
    2) a flying armbar
    3) a standing guillotine that resulted in one fighter going out and toppling over unconscious.

and we saw banuelos fight three brave if uninspiring rounds in the time it would take to put all three of those bastards up. FEH.

Garcia was good. Torres is a monster. Varner is a lucky bitch. Tapia needs smaller hats. Condit is impressive as all get-out. Over all it was a good card for a cable channel that didn’t cost me anything extra. Bring on Jens-Urijah!

• garth says:

also, sam’s rundown on Grispi got me extra points on MMA playground…winner/time/method. hah!

• Sam Caplan says:

Garth, I think it’s pretty lame to take a shot at me considering I went 7-3 overall on last night’s show and even went 5-0 on all of the televised matches. Normally I’m not one to brag but if you’re going to try and take a shot at me, get it right.

• Sam Cupitt says:

It was a good night of fights no matter what way you look at it. Garcia is a wild man, the only difference from when he was at 155 is now he has the power to finish. Gotta love his Chuck like overhand right.

I have to say after the Torres/Beebe fight that I almost have a man crush for Torres. That dude was just mental with his submissions. That funky guillotine he got him with was feckin sweet.

I had no problem with the “Timeout”. They looked like they were going to go back to circling, which is a neutral position and so Varner was just pointing out to Mazzagati that his mouthpiece was out. I think if it went another couple of seconds Mazzagatti would have noticed and stoppped the fight himself and everyone would be complaining about that now.

Finally, Condit showed a lot off his back against a guy who looked like he wanted to hold him down for 5 rounds.

Wish i would have got to see that flying arm bar though.

• Paul Balsom says:

Can’t WHEN them all? Did you really write that?

• Brent says:

When sum, looze sum…

• ShiTSoN says:

I was disappointed with Razor Rob. He looked about as sharp as a pair of those plastic crayola scissors.

• Evan says:

lol…..a few too many Sam Adam’s by that point. hahahaha

• Rich says:

alright,

Razor… MUST have been sick… or something.. something was wrong.. and .. IMO he looked a little fat… something was wrong with him..

• Rich says:

oh ya, and if it weren’t for that TO from Varner, he would’ve gotten KTFO.. but, i guess it was smart.. idk.. kinda lame..

• DocG says:

I actually enjoyed this WEC event…..especially since I didnt have to spend my dough on it. I also enjoyed the commercials for the WEC that were shown. Did any one see the commercial that showed the headshots of WEC fighters before and after a fight? I dont think anything was said in the commercial but it made a powerful impression.