Report: UFC Fight Night 13 to be a three hour broadcast

From MMA Junkie:

The UFC has made no official announcement, and Spike TV could not confirm the news, but a source close to the event exclusively told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that April 2’s UFC Fight Night 13 event will, in fact, run three hours.

This is very good news for MMA fans who like to see free MMA events on basic cable. Not to mention that the card is absolutely stacked. It’s better than UFC 72 or UFC 78 could have ever thought about being. You could include UFC 77 in that mix as well.

Here’s the current card:

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
  • Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino (rumored)
  • Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Roman Mitichyan vs. George Sotiropoulos
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

Check out more UFC Fight Night 13 content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com!

• the sheik says:

lets just relax with it bein better than some PPV cards.

its a good free tv card, thats bout it

• Ian says:

Uh, it actually is better than a lot PPV cards in terms of depth.

In fact, the first 9 fights listed on there (including the diaz fight if it happens), are must see’s, in my opinion.

• Mike Wolfe says:

Hell yeah!

• Evan says:

“Unfortunately the extra hour will probably only get us 20 minutes of fights, and 40 minutes of commercials.”

People are never happy.

• Sergio says:

Depending of how the fights play out, we could see 7-8 fights on the broadcast.

FN12 has 5 fights shown, IIRC, as a two-hour show. An extra hour could add up to 3 fights.

And sheik, this is a GREAT TV card and would be a GREAT PPV for hardcore fans. There’s little name recognition but there’s so much talent on this card, it’s incredible.

• Patrick says:

Woot.

• Evan says:

Some of these guys could be major players in 09. I am very excited!

• Rich says:

Florian,Parisyan,Alexander,Irvin,Guida,Diaz,Pelligrino,Edgar,Fisher, Sotiriopulous,Thomas, and the return of Neer…

i don’t think i’ve ever seen a card this jam-packed with amazing fighters…

the STACKED card wasn’t even this good.. and that was STACKED..

the extra hour will let us see at least two.. maybe three.. more fights…

STOP COMPLAINING..

• Rich says:

“their live events” — i meant, cable events…

• Ian says:

“People are never happy.”

• Rich says:

if you ask me.. there’s longer wait times between fights in the PPV’s… so, i just don’t understand all the complaining..

• Evan says:

“STOP COMPLAINING..”

I’m starting to wonder if any fans of a sport complain more than MMA fans.

• Ian says:

“oh, and quit complaining about the commercial time.. their live events don’t really get consumed by commercials like everyone says they do..”

I don’t know who you’re trying to sell this to, but, yes, they do.

“STOP COMPLAINING..”

• Ian says:

“I’m starting to wonder if any fans of a sport complain more than MMA fans.”

I praised the WEC event. So, your logic fails here.

• Evan says:

“Who in their right mind is actually happy with how many commercials UFC stuffs into their programming these days?”

Commercials are part of this deal.

I am just happy I get to see more fights! I will just DVR this and catch it 45 minutes late and FF through the commercials.

• Rich says:

“I’m starting to wonder if any fans of a sport complain more than MMA fans.”

maybe it’s worded weird.. but i don’t know what that means…

elaborate??

• Rich says:

agreed w/ #15..

• Evan says:

“elaborate??”

I may be alone here but it just seems that nobody complains more than MMA fans. I visit NBA, EPL, NFL and MMA forums daily to see what people are saying (again maybe it’s just me) and it seems like nobody complains more than MMA fans.

I am probably setting myself up to get flamed pretty hard here but so be it.

• Ian says:

You realize of course, that you’re complaining about complaining, so you being an MMA fan, might be proving your own point.

I know, mind blown.

• Rich says:

well, were you agreeing w/ my statement: “STOP COMPLAINING”, or not??

that’s what i didn’t understand..

but yea.. i agree with you, Evan.. but what’s worse than the fact that THEY [and i’m saying that because, although i’m an MMA fan, i don’t complain] do complain the most.. is that they complain about nothing..

like.. commercials.. i mean, hell.. there was a lot of commercials during the SUPER BOWL also… why wasn’t that bad?? why is it sooo wrong to show commercials during cable fights??

i mean.. now, they’ve upped it an hour.. so you’re going to see more fights than usual.. no matter what..

so why STILL complain??

idk.. i just don’t understand it…

• Ian says:

“Is it not possible for you to just be happy with the fact that you get to see more fights and this is an excellent direction SpikeTV is taking?”

I don’t look at life in absolutes.

I can be happy about the extra hour of programming, and I’m very happy about this card. It really is a good one. At the same time, I can also be critical of the amount of commercials they’re stuffing down our throats.

Hope this clears up my position for you.

• Evan says:

“You realize of course, that you’re complaining about complaining”

Nice twist but it falls very short. Your first instinct is to bitch about a positive change in the sport.

See the difference? But hey…if you want to be miserable while watching it, enjoy!

• Matt C. says:

cmon guys, you have nothing better to do than to bitch about how much the other guy is bitching? This isn’t people.com or perezhilton.com so stop acting like teenage girls.

Three hours of MMA with a card stacked like that is a dream. If you’re going to bitch about commercials then not only should you stop watching MMA, but sports in general, and dont stop there, but leave this country. Our capitalistic society is built on marketing and promoting your products and selling those products to the masses. Yes, ads ruin the overall experience, but they are a necessary evil. If you want you beloved combat sport to blossom to the size of NBA, MLB, NFL, etc, deal with it.

Buy a g-d DVR box and your sports-viewing experiences will change forever. This site is for talking about fights, not crying about commercials or debating about other dumb shit. I can’t believe I actually got shit on the other day for posting Kimbo/Tank actions shots. Those were awesome photos and someone whined about “giving too much exposure to Kimbo” Shut the F up.

• Matt C. says:

wow, that was quit a rant. I didnt even know I had it in me :)

• ctownhood says:

Waiting for some UFC bashers to find something wrong with this announcement……..

• GoofyMonkey says:

What’s the over/under on the amount of commercials in a 3 hour spike broadcast of UFN??? :)

• Mike Wolfe says:

I can live with the ads with this card. I’m pumped.

• Evan says:

“Waiting for some UFC bashers to find something wrong with this announcement”

Scroll up :)

• Rich says:

“you have nothing better to do than to bitch about how much the other guy is bitching?” this was directed to evan, i’m sure.. but then, you go on to prove his point… and mine…

so…

to put it in Ian’s terms…you’re bitching about how much we’re bitching about how much other people are bitching about how long the commercials are..

???

but.. me and evan weren’t bitching in the first place

• banditt2 says:

This better not be a tease or i might have to get midevil on some ones butttok!