According to MMAWeekly’s rumors section, “The African Assassin” Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou will face fellow judoka Kazuhiro Nakamura at May’s UFC 84.
Sokoudjou burst onto the MMA scene last year with two devastating knockout wins over highly touted fighters, Antonio Rogerio Noguiera and Ricardo Arona in the now defunct Pride FC. However in his recent UFC debut at UFC 79: Nemesis, he was defeated by Lyoto Machida by 2nd round arm-triangle choke.
Kazuhiro Nakamura has fought a who’s who of Pride veterans, which is not a surprise considering that prior to UFC 76 it was the only organization he had fought for. He had mixed results in Pride going 11-6 in his time there. Just like Sokoudjou, Nakamura’s last defeat was at the hands of Machida at the UFC 76: Knockout.
If the rumor is true, UFC 84 is shaping up to be a very interesting and entertaining card. The event will be headlined by a lightweight title fight between UFC lightweight champion, B.J. Penn and former UFC lightweight champion, Sean Sherk.
- The rumored fight card is as follows:
- B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk (UFC lightweight title)
- Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida
- Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
- Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
- Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic
- Ivan Salaverry vs. Rousimar Palhares
- Jason Tan vs. Dong-hyun Kim
- Terry Etim vs. Jeremy Stephens
Read more UFC 84 content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com