5 Oz. on Fight Network Radio today at 3 p.m. ET

I’ll be a guest on Fight Network Radio today with guest host John Pollock at 3 p.m. ET. We’ll be discussing the CBS/EliteXC deal, the UFC’s announcement, and if we get around to it, possibly UFC 82 (that’s right, there will be fights this weekend!).

You can listen to Fight Network Radio on Sirius Satellite Radio (channel 186) or online at HardcoreSportsRadio.com. If you’d like to call in, the number is 1-888-942-7326.

Update: You can listen to the archive of my appearance by clicking here. I come in around the 10:44 mark. Thanks to host John Pollock for inviting me on!

• eazye says:

Bud Light, the official beer sponsor of the UFC

No Coleman for now

• Evan says:

/burp

• Mike Wolfe says:

Hey Sam–

Which network does business/the most business with Anheuser-Busch? The answer to that question might indicate where UFC goes. Now that CBS has an org., others will follow suit, and UFC is the big dog.

• Sam Caplan says:

Mike, I don’t know the answer to that question. But I don’t think something like that would dictate where the UFC goes. They’ll go with whichever network gives them what they consider to be the best deal.

• Evan says:

“Which network does business/the most business with Anheuser-Busch? The answer to that question might indicate where UFC goes. ”

Interesting!

I would say that’s obviously FOX. They are all over the place due to the sports content.

• Mike Wolfe says:

UFC probably can go to any network, but I’d expect them to at least confer with Anheuser-Busch to maintain good relations with a new and important trade partner. Personally, I like the idea of a deal with Fox, which seems more competitive and innovative in its programming.

• Sergio says:

I just posted this on another news post but Evan is right.

A-B sponsors MLB, MLB is all over FOX.

• Gygax says:

Well done on the broadcast Sam, as always. You bring a very level headed approach to your viewpoints.

I’ll be very interested in your upcoming interview with Doug DeLuca. As you mentioned, it will be telling to find out if ProElite bought broadcast time on the network or if CBS is paying ProElite for the rights. Either way, its certainly a breakthrough for MMA, as is the Zuffa deal with Anheuser-Busch.

• Derek B. says:

was the beer advertiser the BIG announcement?

Also where can I listen to the archived Radio show?

• Evan says:

Derek…it was a pre-fight press conf like they always have and they just fit it in there.

• Derek B. says:

but was that the big anncouncement that UFC stated they were going to tell everyone today?

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek, when the archive is up I will make sure to post a link so everyone who didn’t tune in can listen.

• Derek B. says:

sweet. I’ll be on the lookout.

• Adam Morgan says:

Here’s the link to the audio. Sam comes in at about 10:44.