Potential card for April 5 ShoXC event revealed

The potential card for the televised portion of SHOWTIME’s telecast of EliteXC’s ShoXC event scheduled for April 5 has been revealed.

According to the Table Mountain Casino website, a poster for the event indicates that a match between light heavyweights Jared Hamman vs. Poai Suganuma is slated to serve as the featured bout on the card.

The rest of the card is comprised of matches between Giva Santana vs. Matt Lucas, Fabricio Camoes vs. Joe Camacho, and Wilson Reis vs. Doug Evans.

A fifth match featuring Shayna Baszler vs. a yet to be determined opponent is also listed as well.

Five other matches during the non-televised portion of the show are also being advertised with the undercard scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. PT. SHOWTIME’s telecast will begin at 11 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. local time.

• Derek B. says:

• j says:

Giva (the arm collector) is a wizard with the armbar. He is 10-0 with 9 coming from armbars. This guy is fun to watch and should get a title shot soon.

• Sam Caplan says:

“I need to see this fight against Reis and Evans. I had so much faith in Evans and he let me down twice. I’m hoping he can pull himself back together again.”

That’s going to be tough to do against Wilson. I’m biased but I’m picking Reis. I think people that aren’t affiliated with his camp but that know of him would tend to agree.

• Derek B. says:

To be honest I don’t know enough about Reis to have a opinion about his fighting. So you think he’s going to dominate the fight? How do you feel he matches up against Evans?

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek, I think Evans has the better standup but when it comes to the ground, it’s all Wilson. I think his wrestling is better and his jiu-jitsu is without question better. There really aren’t many 135-145 lbs. fighters right now that have Wilson’s BJJ credentials. The guy is a beast.

Evans will have an advantage when it comes to match experience, but Wilson’s ceiling as a competitive mixed martial artist is much higher than Evans’ in my opinion.

But as a full disclosure, my wife and son train every day at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu United, which is where Wilson trains and teaches. I train there every so often and took a few classes under Wilson when I trained at Philly MMA.

• Derek B. says:

that’s pretty awsome that you’ve met wilson and that he helps instruct your son and wife. I’m going to watch this fight. I’m thinking if Evan loses this fight that he’s probably going to be done.

Best of luck to both of the fighters.

• Pitbullzz says:

Doug def. has the advantage in Stand-Up. I wouldn’t slack on his wrestling either. 7 Time State Champ, so I think he can hold his own in the wrestling department. We saw what he did to Huerta in the 1st round. Wilson having Black Belt credentials is a plus.

Doug by KO