Frank Shamrock says brother Ken did steroids “his whole life”

When Frank Shamrock brings out the dirt, he doesn’t mess around. He recently stated to MMA Madness that his brother and MMA legend Ken Shamrock did steroids “his whole life”:

MMA Madness: You say that you’ve seen guys take steroids. Could you maybe give us any names?

Shamrock: Sure, my brother Ken did them his whole life.

MMA Madness: Really?

Shamrock: Yeah. Why do you think that his mind is so fried? Why do you think he crumbles before the big fights? He’s got no psyche. He let steroids give him a false sense of security and the moment that stuff is gone he’s no longer superman. He’s just a regular man. But without all the hard work and without all the belief in himself that a regular man would have if he got up to that point. He’s the only guy that I’ll tell on, because he’s always in trouble anyway.

Frank slings mud like no other fighter in this industry. Sometimes you just have to sit back in awe of the kind of trash the guy talks. As for Ken taking steroids, it doesn’t surprise me one bit if it’s true. Just look at the guy’s weigh-in pictures from the Cage Rage event a couple of weeks ago. He’s always been jacked up and he was in the WWE, a known steroid-friendly environment.

I also find it funny that Frank won’t give up the goods on anyone else, but he could give a rat’s ass about throwing his brother under the bus. Classic Frank Shamrock.

• Evan says:

I’m sure a Ken Shamrock slander suit will follow in short order.

Did anything ever come out of that Josh Thompson lawsuit threat when Frank called him “the first openly gay mma athlete?”

Which I fell for by the way…didn’t find out it was fake until 3 days later and found it hillarious.

• Dan K. says:

Frank Shamrock: Dirt bag of the day. Way to kick your brother when he’s already WAY down.

• Gabber says:

Man, Frank is a classic low-life. :P He’s the guy you always want to lose. I just hope Cung head-kicks him for the KO. That’s the only way I want to see this dude go down.

Good call on the slimeball throwing his brother under the bus.

• Jeremy says:

Ken Shamrock did steroids? I am flabbergasted!

• orlando says:

hahahahahah yeah sure my brothers been doing it his whole life……wow! thats all i have to say about that.

• Ross says:

To me, if it wasnt illegal at the time then who cares- Its not like Ken is/was the only one doing steroids.

• paddiosf says:

Now those are Fighting words…It’s okay to talk trash about your opponent..but I’m shocked that he would go that low..Frank needs a good beatdown but Ken can’t do it, maybe someone like Tito Ortiz…If Tito is not resign by the UFC, he’s stated in a recent video that he would like to fight Frank again..I would love to see that fight..I’m sure Ken would like to corner him…

• seth b says:

Hey Ross, taking steroids without a legit prescription has always been illegal in the eyes of the law.

• mike wolfe says:

Maybe Frank is trying to create some interest in a fight with Ken. Good old fashioned pro wrestling hype/feud. Did the interviewer ask Frank whether he’d done ‘roids? Should have if he didn’t.

• Frank says:

Hey Seth,

Not in Japan or in most countries in the world.

In most US states its not a felony and in some states steroids are not even scheduled ( so they are considered just like allergy medicine ).

• Pat says:

Franks the man! He doesnt hide from the truth!

• dice says:

# 1 Evan Says:
    March 20th, 2008 at 8:55 am

“I’m sure a Ken Shamrock slander suit will follow in short order.”

Only one problem, for it to be slander the statement must be untruthful.

I hate Frank Shamrock as much as the next guy (was a fan until after the Renzo fight), but theres a strong chance that he just didn’t make that accusation up.

If I had to pick 3 guys in all of MMA history that I thought used roids, Ken is one of them.

And to #3 Gabber, good things come to those who wait. Frank will not only lose to Le but I think he will get KTFO (obviously imo).

• Sounds to me like they might be trying to build the hype back up for the “brother vs. brother” fight.

• Paul Hanna says:

Good for frank ratting people out. I totally believe it, dan severn has been saying it for years.

• Jay says:

Dana White has been saying for years that Frank Glamrock was an idiot and a weirdo. Now we know he has no backbone.

I hope Cung Le kicks Glamrocks ass!

I don’t give a shit if Ken bleeds steriods……

• slimm says:

Hell of thing to want to fight your brother for a decent payday, but damn to sell him out, that just F~d, no huge news that Ken did or does steroids who really cares not a shock, the things is to (as a brother) put his personal bs out there for no real good reason, its a dick move, imo…… continue to hype a fight that might happen next year, that i personally, dont want to see Ken get destroyed for what the 15th straight time especially on ppv, and forget about the fight u have with Cung and get spin kicked in the head and this will all seem pretty trivial,cheers

• Matt C. says:

#13 hit it on the head. with CBS deal this could totally be Frank trying to pump up a fight against Ken. The casual fan has no idea Ken lost to Berry. Brother vs brother would be huge ratings. Fact is, at this point in his life, Ken is a shell of his former self. Frank has to build up a feud to drum up interest.

Did he go too low on the comments, hell yes. But that’s what he does. Ken can;t verbally spar with Frank, so if he replies it wont be nearly as clever or vicious. Most likely something like “I can still kick his ass, but he’s dodging me”

Whatever.

• Rich S. says:

“He’s the guy you always want to lose”

personally, i love watching Frank win..

and i never take the things he says [like this] as personal attacks.. i just consider them jokes or, like poopooplatter said, build-ups..

i’ve always been a fan of Frank Shammy.. and still am..

• seth b says:

Frank,
    Good point about Japan, he has fought for Pancrase and Pride as recently as 2005 and it would not be illegal there, but Steroids are a Schedule III drug according the United States DOJ and therefore illegal in all 50 states. Whether it is a felony or a misdemeanor is irrelevant, the comment stated illegal.

link http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs5/5448/5448p.pdf

Thanks for the correction.

• BJJDenver says:

WOW! Shocking info from Glamrock. Who would have ever suspected, lol.

Somehow I look at Frank as more of a jerk for opening his big mouth about it, than I do for Ken IF he did do them.

And the deal is, not IF he did them, but if he is caught. I suspect a very high percentage of pro athletes have at one time or another, used PEDs, but these guys are well versed at beating tests, cycling, etc…

IMO, the only way to stop the abuse is stringent testing year round of ALL athletes in any given sport. Until the leagues are ready to adopt that stance, let them do whatever they want and the sport can suffer for it. What I mean by that, is random testing is pretty much worthless, when you don’t need to be on the PED at the exact time of the event.

Unfortunately, the “clean” athletes feel more pressure to use the PEDs, to keep the field level, especially when the sport is their livelyhood.

• Ryder Die says:

Hey Frank –

Who cares. Nobody cares what you think. It doesnt take a genius to recongnize that Ken might have taken steroids. I still like Ken because he doesnt need to run his mouth and he is much more of a pioneer to the sport of MMA thank Frank will ever be. IDIOT

• Evan says:

Fans think less of a fighter if they use roids…not sure he is trying to pump up a fight since this takes a lot of the shine off of it.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Nice counter Seth. Roid cheaters need to be exposed.

• natureboy says:

Frank just made “Blood Brothers” interesting again and put a little more heat on a pretty bland fight build between him and Cung Le.

• THORAZINE says:

The only guy I hate worse than Frank Shamrock is Ken Shamrock!…. hell they’ve never like eachother anyways!

• BigMike says:

He’s got a future in politics. Maybe he can be a VP candidate? Obama threw his grandmother under and now Frank throws Ken. Brilliant!

• mike wolfe says:

One major difference is that Obama has a chance to win, and Frank doesn’t.

• ked says: