ShoXC Preview: Malaipet “Diamond” Sithprapom Highlight (video)

Here’s an incredible highlight of Malaipet’s extensive and decorated Muay Thai career. He’ll be fighting Thomas Denny, a King of the Cage veteran, tomorrow night at the ShoXC event. Malaipet is a beast on the feet and if Denny can’t find a way to get this fight to the ground, he will be in deep, deep trouble. Thanks to Bloody Elbow for the find.

• Derek B. says:

This guy’s a monster. I’ve got a nice collection of fight videos with him on them. I’ve watched his last MMA fight and he def. has the fighters spirit.

If I remember correctly he changed his name to the gym that he trains at. It pretty common practice for muy thai fighters to do that. I think if he works on his ground game he could transition good into MMA. Lets keep our eyes on him and see what happens in the future.

• al says:

Sweet jesus… the speed of those high kicks is just incredible.

• Mike Wolfe says:

Dang. Country Boy’s got some strikes.

• Patrick says:

Love the way he slips in the knees, he’s steps ahead of his opponents usually.

• hindsightufuk says:

cant wait to see him fight again, wonder if theres a possibility for a cung le malaipet match in the future, now that would exciting

• Mike Olson says:

This kid looks like a real good striker. Excited to see him fight. He looks like a brick sh*t-house. I too would enjoy a Cung Le matchup, and his striking reminded me of Cung. I think in some time this kid (with the proper development/camp) could become a real force. Nice clip!

• Paul Hanna says:

UNLESS this fight goes to teh ground. Fight over.

• GassedOut says:

Okay, that’s some skills! Cung Le would make for an AWESOME fight!