More Fights for UFC 85 Officially Announced

UFC.com is now showing seven official fights for the June 7th card in London.

• Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans
  • Fabricio Werdum vs. Brandon Vera
  • Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
  • Mike Swick vs. Marcus Davis
  • Nate Marquardt vs. Thales Leites
  • Jason Lambert vs. Luis Cane
  • Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman

It’s great to see Kampmann officially back. The Danish striker hasn’t fought in over a year after a knee injury sidelined him. Then again at this point it’s nice to see any top tier middleweight that can trick us into thinking Anderson Silva can be beat. Also an excellent bout between Jason Lambert and Banha Cane as Adam Morgan and myself were psyched to see Cane’s UFC debut only for him to go out and get himself DQ’d in less than two minutes against James Irvin. Lambert will be an excellent matchup for him and I expect it to go much like Lambert’s fight with Gouveia where Lambert will control the action completely but be at risk of being knocked out in any standup exchange.

MMAWeekly is rumoring three other bouts that are yet to be made official in the form of Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor, Antoni Hardonk vs. Neil Wain, and Ryo Chonan vs. Roan Carneiro. Seeing guys like Liaudin, Taylor, Davis, Lambert, and others constantly fighting in the UK makes it feel like they’re on some other UFC circuit.

Check out more UFC 85 content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com!

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

I don’t think some of these are worth 40-55 dollars. I just moved and the last one cost me 55. I can cut it, but I think they are a ripoff.

What a great main event (not). One dimensional Liddell versus Evans. Be nice if Chuck would learn jiu-jitsu so we don’t have to watch him throw weak ass hammer fists when he could easily armbar the guy or choke him.

Liddell will never see the title again unless D*ckhead White rigs the match ups.

• Brandt says:

The UK shows overall never seem as exciting as most of the US shows and I’m not why I feel that way. Maybe because its not live at 10PM EST or the fights don’t seem to intrigue me. Even the main event feels boring as I don’t care about Evans and Liddell needs a striker, not a wrestler.

• Ian says:

I think Kampmann is Danish, like from Denmark, bro. Not Dutch as is stated.

• king mah mah says:

Yeah I agree that Liddell needs to fight another striker in order to have more entertaining fight, but evens is an up and comer that needs to be truly tested. I think Liddell is that test. No matter what all the haters might say, Liddell can still knock any man out with one punch and evans knows this. I believe Rashad will be a little nervous when he steps into the octogon and that could=another KO on Liddell’s whos who list of knockouts!

• king mah mah says:

The rest of the card is a little weak. Personally I would like to see nate fight anderson silva again. Lets face the facts, the ref stood them up when nate was dominating silva on the ground. and they knew silva had the advantage on his feet. Nate will take that belt from Anderson given another chance! That is assuming that there will be no b.s. standups!

• hindsightufuk says:

hope martin kampmann’s knee holds up ok, look forward to watching him again

• “I think Kampmann is Danish, like from Denmark, bro. Not Dutch as is stated.”

You’re right, I’m an idiot. I swear I felt something was weird when I typed it and I questioned it but I didn’t look into anything. As a history major and history nerd this truly bothers me. That’s one thing I should always get right.

• Vern says:

Huckaby meant Kampmann is a cheap date. Doesn’t pay for one thing.

• Wang Chung says:

not a bad card in my opinion. some interesting matchups for sure, and also some perplexing(at least to me)ones…not so sure about wiman vs. tavares. is it just me, or is wiman going to get mauled? i usually hate most heavyweight fights, but vera back in the mix is always cause for interest, especially against werdum, who in my opinion hasn’t looked very good lately despite his recent win. i’m pretty pumped to see how rashad is going to handle a fight with chuck…should be a good one with a few brewski’s down the hatch.

• jason hughes says:

two decent fights and and throw the rest of your money down the shitter.cant we have one title defense per card. ill just wait and see the results the next morning.

• Nick says:

I don’t know how it is where most of you are from, but i can head up to my local BW3’s, get some wings and watch the fight for free. I hope evans(16-0-1) tackles, and ground and pounds liddell.

• HexRei says:

Chuck actually does have a submission game. He just prefers to strike. He choked a guy out early in his career, before he decided to stick to the sprawl and brawl strategy.
    And let’s face it, it’s not like he’s getting submitted or GnPed very often, so I don’t think it’s his grappling that’s lacking. It’s that his striking game became stagnant during his title reign. I believe he is trying to mix it up some now (e.g. the takedown on Wandy).