Report: Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett at TUF 7 Finale

MMA Weekly is reporting that Josh Burkman has signed a bout agreement to face Dustin Hazelett at the TUF 7 Finale on June 21.

Both fighter are coming off of tough losses. Burkman lost via decision to Mike Swick at UFC Fight Night 12 and Hazelett suffered a TKO loss to Josh Koscheck at UFC 82. The bout should provide a clearer picture in the middle of the welterweight pack and should determine whether or not Hazelett or Burkman are ready for contender status yet.

Check out more TUF 7 content on FiveOuncesOfPain.com!

• Rich S. says:

holy crap..
    this is shaping up to be a great card..

• Nick says:

Hazlett is going to smash Burkman. Hazlet is the future of the division. He needs to learn some patience.

• Chris says:

I take Hazelett by head kick KO in the 2nd. He is better at everything than Burkman.

• NickRE says:

According to some other sites Burkman says if this fight goes to a decision he will retire.

• Chris says:

Burkman won’t retire, he’s just not a finisher. And he needs to accept that.

• Mikee says:

Burkman will win, Hazelett I think while a great fighter, has a long long ways to go and I do not believe that he has what it takes and posess the knowledge to hang with Burkman. I am not taking sides for either fighter, I sicerely don’t like either one of them actually but I have seen their fights and am stating a fact.

• sven says:

Hazelett is a better striker and if Burkman takes him down he’s in even more trouble.

• walker says:

hey # 6 how can you state a fact ,when the fight hasn’t even played out yet..
    hazelett always finish his fights .the only fight that went to a descision was his fight with a gracie.and he was victorious ! his loss with koshcheck wasnt from lack of skills ,he got caught .he dominated koshceck,first round ..
    burkman dont stand a chance.this isnt fact .just a personal oppinion!

• Charlie says:

Hazelett Is going to tuff for a long time. I think he got alot of experience in his last fight and I think it will carry over into this one. As stated by Walker he dominated Koscheck in the first round. He learned alot I dont think he will get cought off gaurd in this one. Also like Walker, Just my opinion..

• Charlie says: