Kurt Angle says he and Couture are signed

Take it for what you will, Kurt Angle opening his mouth, but that’s the word according to Rajah.com, citing an interview with Angle on KHTK 1140 in Sacramento.

Angle states he’s doing different things from tv shows to movies to an upcoming “MMA fight” with Randy Couture:

Angle said he and Couture have both signed with a promotion but won’t say who. Angle said they will be looking for more promoters to help make the event something big and special. Angle said the fight would more than likely take place in California but did not mention a city.

I started to say, “I believe this about as much as,” but couldn’t think of anything asinine enough to complete the simile. I’ll personally wait on some type of Randy Couture confirmation. I might be waiting a very long time, but I’ll be waiting.

Why does Angle continue to discuss UFC or Couture in every interview he gives? Is it a macho thing? Like when Hulk Hogan threatens to beat people up on his reality show when very likely one of those Missouri child MMA fighters could take out his weak knees with a leg kick? Kurt, we respect your wrestling background, you’re a great athlete. Stop trying to prove something you won’t be able to prove.

• xx2000xx says:

http://mmatorch.com/ Posted the same thing he said, on some radio show too about a month ago.

It’s all garbage, and it doesn’t mean anything as Kurt is famous for making up shit.

• Rln says:

It’s a grappling match, not an MMA fight. Huge difference. But it will happen.

• egad81 says:

My bet is that Angle is in an MMA rules fight before the year is out….

• bpx says:

Angle is gonna get his @ss handed to him, mma rules, or grappling. I respect the guy too, but he has been out of “real” wrestling for a while, and has had numerous neck injuries and surgeries. But with that said, I would pay to see this fight.

• Oliver says:

Angle can’t beat Randy in a grappling match. He had a hard time taking Daniel Puder down when Daniel stepped into the ring when they had that reality show going on.

• Tony Fennen says:

well… talk about flip flopping.

I would fight kurt angle… winner take all purse!
    at one time the guy was a hell of an athlete (much like myself)

Everyone knows that having you name in the press… good or bad… is still GOOD!

• ufcfan says:

my understanding is a grappling match too…

which drops my interest….about 95%

• Evan says:

A contract with Randy doesn’t mean anything.

• Derek B. says:

Angles a joke. Daniel Puder put him in a arm bar in a real wrestling match while in WWF.

• Jay K. says:

Angle is a hype machine with a VERY poor track record. I like him best when he STFU. If it’s a grapplin’ match then it’s watch worthy. I don’t see it happening.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“Angles a joke”

An Olympic gold medal is a joke? What planet are you from? Who cares if he just hypes things up now? It doesn’t take away from what he did for the USA moron. STFU.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“my understanding is a grappling match too…
    which drops my interest….about 95%”

Of course, because people like you don’t respect the ground game. That would change after someone puts you to sleep, dislocates your shoulder, or breaks a limb. Stand up is crap unless there is obvious skill while doing it.

Florian is some Muy Thai guy right? Have you EVER SEEN IT? Anderson Silva has sick stand up and is fun to watch.

• BJJDenver says:

I understand it to be a submission grappling match. For free, I will watch it, but I wouldn’t pay anything for it.

Angle has got to be the most self-serving guy around. He is not relevant to anything that is legitimate and I expect him to be choked out very quickly.

• Derek B. says:

Jiu-Jitsu Guy….do you need a hug or something?

• cyph says:

David Banner becomes… Jiu-Jitsu Guy. “You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.”

• Evan says:

Jiu-Jitsu Guy…how them 7gen Gracies doin?

• woooburn says:

i think i hear a can of worms being opened.

• Mike Wolfe says:

How about I jump in, throw out some insults, and then threaten to boycott the site?

• Mike Wolfe says:

… And then come back for more?

• slimm says:

JJG, a few grappling matches are fun to watch Serra v Gomi, Bravo v Royler ect… not all stand up is crap yet with that thought perhaps thats why when “pure BJJ artists” fight now the get extremely devestated by getting knocked out, this is no longerUFC 1~4 where Royce can just take punishment and then get a sick sub (Dan Severn) because there was no time limit, you have to have a well rounded game, how did Royce fair against Hughes?

Back to the topic hey Angle can really wrestle he got a gold medal, is he full of himself now duh, Randy will own him at the end of this “match” grappling or MMA , cheers…..

• jjdnb says:

I can almost guarantee you jui jitsu guy is a grappling newb that found out about bjj after watching TUF.
    its ok, keep watching mma and you’ll eventually learn why its called Mixed Martial Arts. Show some respect to strikers newb

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Same old morons on this site. I only come here because I like the layout and am bored sometimes. I think you all suck, just so you know. LOL.

“Show some respect to strikers newb”

Striker, as in cannot fight on the ground. Cro Cop comes to mind. Just get the right distance and striking means little.

And I didn’t learn it from TUF moron.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“because there was no time limit, you have to have a well rounded game”

CORRECTION. It emphasizes stand up and hurts the JJ guys. Gets old when you see a guy in a horrible position, about to get owned, then the bell rings. I also love how the ref demands “action guys” when a guy is in a horrible position and about to get mounted. That is crap.

5 min is not enough time for the true fighters to emerge. Guarantee you it will not always be 5 min and some other organization will emerge while idiot White keeps playing games.

UFC does not have the best fighters in the world. Some are the best, but all, gimme a break fools. You have no clue that some great fighters don’t want to go UFC because it is an insult to their game.

• Simco says:

#2 is correct.
    Randy also talked about it on a recent video interview.

• slimm says:

JJG in an attempt to clairify my statement that u quoted me on, with no time limit in the earlier days of the UFC Royce was able to take punishment til he would get control on the ground and dominate there and create a wonderful sub, yet with the recent structure of the UFC you have to have a complete game including BJJ and striking, so that is what i meant….

So please read the entire comment before u quote something i said, BJJ is awesome and some of the best fighters perhaps dont want to go to the UFC they can display their game elsewhere i will watch that too…. you say that we are all morons and fools i assume you are the know all and end all of MMA opinion….. i hope u get bored again and bless us with your knowledge

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“with no time limit in the earlier days of the UFC Royce was able to take punishment til he would get control on the ground and dominate there and create a wonderful sub”

YES. The way a real fight goes with no one around and as much time as you need on the ground. Little hard for a guy to “stand up” when the opponent does not let him or the guy is too tired to get to his feet. In other words, realistic.

Although I watch WEC, that is the worst in terms of the ref demanding action. If you are on the ground for 10 seconds trying to pass guard you are ordered to start doing something. The whole point of ground fighting is the wait for the opportunity and then submit. Little hard to wait when you have 2 milliseconds to do something.

The truth has spoken.

• slimm says:

The truth has spoken, ha, thats awesome

Hey refs make plenty of decisions that dont make since, it happens…… o and Randy will own Kurt in any match……

Striking is a big part of MMA, pretty much essential as is BJJ or Judo or Wrestling some sort of ground game if you will….

the truth has spoken ha too funny, cheers…..

• Rich S. says:

JJG,

why is it that almost every comment you’ve ever left on this site.. has contained the words “you guys have no clue” somewhere in it??

“You have no clue that some great fighters don’t want to go UFC because it is an insult to their game”

can you just do me a favor and give me a decent list of the guys that wouldn’t be caught dead in the UFC..

i mean, you seem to know EVERYTHING, and EVERYBODY… and EVERY ASPECT OF JJ [not MMA]…

i wish i knew how you knew ALLLLLL THIS STUFFFFF that no one else knows..

oh,
    and #18 and #19… HILARIOUS!

“I only come here because I like the layout and am bored sometimes”

that can’t be true.. i mean, you shouldn’t like any site where you have to constantly give the “ONLY” reason why you visit it.. you obviously like making everyone angry [although i find your comments hilarious] and bragging about your GODLY BJJ SKILLS, AND THE THOUSANDS OF BJJ EXPERTS [AND GRACIES] THAT YOU KNOW!!

• John Rambo says:

They signed a “no compete clause” with an unnamed company, meaning the angle couture fight has to happen in that company

So maybe that’s what Angle meant by “signed” (I don’t think the actual fight has been signed yet)

Hey maybe Angle keeps talking about the UFC and Couture b/c he wants to promote his fight?

“We both signed a no-compete clause, which means the company that I’m not allowed to say who it is, signed us to a deal where we couldn’t go anywhere else to do this; we have to do it with this particular company. That’s the first step. The next step is signing the fight.”

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“you obviously like making everyone angry”

I like to pick fights with idiots. There are several on here, but certainly not everyone. I have a problem with the idiots who attack me instead of address my comments.

“bragging about your GODLY BJJ SKILLS”

LOL. I have never said anything about my skills in BJJ. I talk about a certain type of BJJ, you know how it all started genius. I also have a problem with MMA rules right now and the emphasis on stand up. I cannot wait until a real organization comes along and allows real fighting. Just like old school UFC. It will happen.

So STFU about claiming I brag about my martial arts skill. My claim to fame is not in martial arts genius, but that is all you get.

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

Rich = major league tool and liar.

• slimm says:

JJG, if you dont mind me asking what is your claim to fame? ive gotta know, also you stated that you have a problem with people that attack you instead of addressing your comments, well you have been known to the same around but everyone is entitled to their opinion

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“you have a problem with people that attack you instead of addressing your comments”

Some people early on made some disparaging comments. I recall one guy named Sergio insulting me without me doing anything to him. Rich likes to chime in too. Most losers do that; pay attention to others instead of themselves.

“JJG, if you dont mind me asking what is your claim to fame?”

Young and in the making. I don’t publicize myself on the Internet. Doesn’t matter anyway, there are tons of people doing great things in this world.

• Mike Wolfe says:

So what am I, chopped liver? I don’t get the title of arch enemy like Rich and Sergio? Curses. Foiled again. Meddling kids.

• slimm says:

fair enough JJG

• Rich S. says:

“Rich likes to chime in too”

LOL. every time i see one of your comments.. i HAVE to “chime in”..

and give Wolfe some credit.. everytime you post there’s a hilarious comment from him shortly after..

by the way,
    didn’t you tell us you were a doctor, or something like that??

• Mike Wolfe says:

I can jsut hear JJG saying “turn your head and cough.” No wonder he’s a little hostile.

• Rich S. says:

LOL.
    ouch..

• Jiu-Jitsu Guy says:

“I can just hear JJG saying”

You f*cking tool. I don’t do that sh*t and I love my job. Couple losers talking, nothing more.

• Mike Wolfe says:

So what type doctor? Proctologist?