Jens Pulver: “If I have my way, it ain’t going past 20 seconds”

Jens Pulver talks about what it’s going to take to beat Urijah Faber on June 1 in Sacramento, California when these two featherweights clash for Faber’s WEC title. This should be a great scrap, but I don’t see how Pulver beats Faber. If Pulver can keep it standing and utilize his great striking skills, he has a chance. If this fight ends up on the ground, however, Pulver is in some serious trouble.

HT: Bloody Elbow

• Mike Wolfe says:

“If” the fight goes to the ground? The only way it doesn’t go to the ground is if Faber somehow loses the use of his arms. His grappling is incredible, and Jens will be in trouble. Faber by submission, imo.

• jason hughes says:

jens will always have a chance because he is so viscious for his size hence the name lil evil,i dont think faber has fought someone with the experince of pulver ,i think pulver would throat kick if he could while faber will try to just keep slamming him to the ground,,,, but i predict youth and strength over experience this time .three rounds, faber by rear naked ckoke.

• GassedOut says:

You know what? I love Jens, but I think Faber takes it in two rounds by mad submission.

• Zane says:

I am saying it now, Jens Pulver via TKO, Round 2. I love Faber and have known about him for a while because he lived with my brothers friends at UC Davis. But I just don’t see him winning this fight, I can’t picture it. I want Pulver to win, defend the belt once, and then lose to Faber in his 2nd defense.

• Guy Gaduois says:

Faber, by submission (RNC) 3:49, Rd 1

• GoofyMonkey says:

If I have my way it will be a five round war with some very entertaining ground work and some spectacular striking!

• THORAZINE says:

Jens hopes it will be a standing slug fest, that’s the only way he’ll beat Faber. Even though Jens has tons of tough experience, Faber is the more skilled fighter and has dominated enough tough championship bouts that really shows he’s probably the best in the world at 145lbs.

• Dan says:

I really hope Jens takes this one. I gained a lot of respect for him after seeing how he treated his guys on TUF and after meeting him in Richmond.

I’d hate to see a guy like him out of MMA. Faber could recover from a loss. I don’t know about Jens……