WEC 34 Faber vs. Pulver: fight card

What: WEC 34 Faber vs. Pulver
When: June 1st ’08
Where: Arco Arena in Sacramento, CA

Here’s the latest on the WEC 34 event:

Main Card

• Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver (WEC Featherweight Title)
  • Miguel Torres vs. Yoshiro Maeda (WEC Bantamweight Title)
  • “Razor” Rob McCullough vs. Kenneth Alexander
  • Mark Munoz vs. Chuck Grisby
  • Undercard

• Chase Beebe vs. Will Ribiero
  • Richard Crunkilton vs. Donald Cerrone
  • Jeff Curran vs. Mike Brown
  • Tim McKenzie vs. Eric Schambari
  • Alex Serdyukov vs. Luis Sapo
  • Alexandre Noguiera vs. Jose Aldo
  • Charlie Valencia vs. Dominick Cruz

Check out more WEC 34 event content on 5 Oz. of Pain.

• slimm says:

Cant wait i have pretty good seats for this, the undercard looks great, and how cant you get excited for Faber v Pulver….. i dont get much time off of work so its on a sunday which is awesome and this will be my first “major” event sooo needless to say im slightly pumped for this…. but if the Sac~town crowd is like they were when the UFC stacked card came to Arco arena i may go just a bit insane…. aside from the main event and seeing Torres’s mullett in person i want to see (will see) Curran, Charlie Valencia hell the entire card is looking pretty good and its free on tv too im even going to record it, why not…. cheers….

• Mike Wolfe says:

Another great WEC card. Hope some of the undercard fights are televised. Love to see Jeff Curran. He lost to Faber, but that was a great fight.

• Mike C. says:

If Richard Crunkilton vs. Donald Cerrone is not televised I’m going to be very sad.

• Grape Knee High says:

Is there a story behind why Pequeno is no longer with K-1? Must be a little a bit depressing to go from fighting in front of 15,000 people and on prime-time TV in Japan, to fighting in front of 2,000 comped drunks in a WEC undercard bout.

(I like the WEC, but as a fighter it’s clearly a step down.)

• BJJDenver says:

“fighting in front of 2,000 comped drunks in a WEC undercard bout”

Thanks, that made me laugh!!

Damn, very solid card. I would ppv this if it were necessary. Somehow, I don’t think the Faber/Pulver fight is going to live up to expectations, but i hope I am wrong. I find myself pulling for Pulver.

So far in 2008, I would say that WEC and IFL have had the best cards, they are just missing the superstar names that UFC has to offer.

Can’t wait.

PS: Thanks for not putting the Dream2 results in the headlines (Like the idiots at MMAWeekly). I’m trying to stay as uninformed as possible until Saturday night!

• jason hughes says:

i hope grigsby has developed a ground game since the last time i saw him fight.

• Shaun says:

Pulver over Faber. & I fully agree with BJJDenver’s comment about IFL & WEC. Doesn’t matter how well you can fight if you don’t know about the business side to selling the fight and gaining star power.

• Shaun Stoffer says:

Also. Miguel Torres is probaly one of the sickest 135 pounders alive. the man is 33-1 i believe and he’s won in higher weight classes. I believe he’s a brown or black belt from rickson gracie. plus he made beating chase beebe look EASY. he’s got the sickest chokes: armtriangle, anaconda, darce, rear naked.