The complete card for Adrenaline MMA’s first-ever show on June 14 at the Sears Center in Chicago, IL is nearly set. According to the fight promotion’s web site, the first card is shaping up like this:
- Jeff Monson (23-7) vs. Mike Russow (9-1)
- Daiju Takase (7-11) vs. Terry Martin (16-4)
- Alberto Crane (8-2) vs. Clay French (14-2)
- Tony Fryklund (14-9) vs. Brian Gassaway (25-17-1)
- Jeff Cox (9-6) vs. Bart Palaszewski (28-11)
- Taiwan Howard (6-1) vs. Rory Markham (14-4)
- James Giboo (11-2) vs. Mark Miller (9-3)
- Herc Hayes (7-5) vs. Kerry Schall (22-9)
- Rob Kimmons (15-3) vs. Hector Urbina (11-3)
- Aaron Rosa (10-2) vs. Ron Fields (18-24-1)
- Dom O’Grady (4-0) vs. Mike Stumpf (8-1)
- Joe Jordan (40-11) vs. Ryan Williams (6-1)
- Christian Reynosa (6-2) vs. Josh Hosman (7-3-1)
According to a press release from the promotion, Miller and Palaszewski are on the card with the consent of the IFL. No mention of Markham, which could mean he’s now a free agent.Adrenaline also got permission from EliteXC to use Rosa and Urbina.
It’s interesting to note that Cox and Crane are on the card, as I doubt the UFC would give their consent for them to fight on a Monte Cox show. It’s possible they are fighting outside of their UFC contracts, but more than likely they were cut. Also, depending to who you talk to, Martin may or may not have been released by the UFC. There are those claiming he received a waiver to compete outside of his contract.
Howard is also a fighter to watch. I saw him at the IFL Draft tryouts in New York last year and he looked good. Initially, he was left off the final list but when they needed an extra fighter, he jumped up on the canvas and without hesitation volunteered to fight again. He looked much better in the second fight and ended up advancing. His brother, Torrance Taylor, might be an even better prospect. Taylor was pulling off some moves that you’d normally see from Cung Le. I haven’t heard much about Taylor lately, though.
Overall, this should be a very successful regional card. Monte Cox knows how to promote grass roots, regional MMA and Russow is apparently a big ticket seller in the Chicago area. I was told that half the police force may come out just to see him fight.