A source first informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com of the news on Wednesday and we were able to confirm the news with Jones himself on Thursday evening.
Jones’ involvement with the show was first reported by the website FightTicker.com several weeks ago, however, his opponent wasn’t finalized until earlier this week.
Jones, a resident of the Baltimore area, has a substantial following in the Mid-Atlantic region and is a part of Team Ground Control and Team Rawdogg. Trained by John Rallo, Jones is 6-6 according to Sherdog.com’s fight finder. He’s currently on a two fight win streak and looked dominant in recent wins over Mark Getto during ShoXC’s Jan. 25 event and Al Buck during Ring of Combat 18 on March 7.
Both of Jones’ wins took place in Atlantic City and both ended by first round submissions via Kimura.
In addition to have fought for ShoXC and Ring of Combat, Jones has also competed for BodogFIGHT and was a draft finalist for the IFL during its tryouts in New York this past October.
Kattar, is 3-0 as a pro with all fights having been decided in the first round. The New Hampshire resident has a reputation for being a strong wrestler and a good brawler.
The current card for EliteXC “Primetime” on CBS is as follows:
- Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson
- Robbie Lalwer vs. Scott Smith for the EliteXC middleweight title
- Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young
- Phil Baroni vs. Joe Villasenor
- Jon Murphy vs. Brett Rogers (swing bout, time permitting)
- Nick Serra vs. Matt Makowski
- Carlton Haselrig vs. TBA
- Wilson Reis vs. Justin Robbins
- James “Binky” Jones vs. Calvin Kattar
- Chris Liguori vs. Jim Bova
- Zach Makovsky vs. Andre Soares
- Mike Groves vs. Joe Sampieri