DREAM.3 recap

DREAM.3

1. Takeshi Yamazaki > Shoji Maruyama, decision

Shoji easily got the best of any standup and action but Yamazaki took him down frequently and laid on him while trying half-heartedly for submissions. In the MMA world Yamazaki deserved the win. In a perfect world Shoji deserved the victory.

2. Mayhem Miller > Katsuyori Shibata, strikes, Rd1

Mayhem, wearing Aoki tights, grabbed immediate mount and just unloaded with fists and knees on Shibata’s face making him a mess. He was playing to the crowd and the cameras acting like he does. Just complete domination and fun for Mayhem and the referree kindly stopped the fight.

3. Melvin Manhoef > Kim Dae Won, strikes, Rd1

Seeing this result you might picture it in your head as it was the most obvious of the card but it didn’t go that way. Won won (lulz) some standup early and then he slammed Manhoef down to the ground and was in his half guard. Manhoef was eventually able to get on top and pound him hard until Won quit and the ref mercifully stopped the fight after a hard knee.

4. Daisuke Nakamura > Jung Bu Kyung, strikes, Rd2

Nakamura really controlled the action from the feet and on the ground. Bu Kyung put up a fight but got caught right on the jaw and ref stopped the fight. Nakamura would have won a decision had he not stopped the fight.

5. Nick Diaz > Katsuya Inoue, strikes, Rd1

Diaz won the early standup and messed up Inoue’s nose pretty badly. It got closer but Diaz began just picking Inoue apart punch after punch and you saw the white towel (flag) fly into the ring as Inoue’s corner couldn’t take it any longer. Diaz just picked him apart at the end.

6. Tatsuya Kawajiri > Luis Buscape, decision

Kawajiri dominated the ground game for 14 minutes and Firmino had control for the last minute. No serious damage up and down in an uneventful fight but Kawajiri won a boring decision based on the rules.

7. Eddie Alvarez > Joachim Hansen, decision

Fight of the card so far. Alvarez really controlled the action but Hansen came back with a vengeance in round two. Alvarez won the decision, awesome fight. He won the standup, he won the ground game, just a very good fight though this one was rather close.

8. Caol Uno > Mitsuhiro Ishida, sub, Rd2

Ishida controlled most of the first and used his wrestling when he needed it. Uno put up a solid fight and fought back but Ishida controlled most of the action. In the second round, Uno took him down, got control, and out of almost nowhere landed a choke to finish the fight.

• Sam Cupitt says:

I think I speak for the entire NOT SAMMA organisation when I say, “Fuck”.

• Reaser says:

hahah, thats funny Cupitt….

• Kogepan says:

Awesome fights. I wish the UFC could show eight fights on their next PAY card.

I hope kawajiri get uno next round

• Rich S. says:

i couldn’t be happier with the results of these fights..

Mayhem gets a win..
    Diaz gets a win..
    Alvarez and Uno get wins..

can’t wait to see the fights..

• Skwirrl says:

You mean Uno controlled most of the first? He beat the crap outta Ishida and stuffed almost all his takedowns then ended up reversing the ones he didn’t stuff. Uno won that fight going away and subbed Ishida just to get rid of any controversy

• Fight Fan says:

Not getting upset but how about a WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS type thing.

• Crewser says:

When and where would anyone be able to even see a Dream fight??

• Sam Caplan says:

How about just accepting the fact that this site will always cover this sport in a real-time fashion?

I’ve said it once and I will say it again — if you don’t want to be spoiled, then avoid this site until you’ve watched an event you are waiting to see.

This is a sports information and opinion blog. Not a site that reviews movies.

• Fight Fan says:

Mate it was just a sugestion. Just thought it would be a nice thing for you to do but if it makes your life that much harder don’t bother.
    P.S. Iron Man is a good movie.

• Sam Caplan says:

Isn’t all the content that we post for free here nice enough?

• Fight Fan says:

Too nice. There must be some ulterior motive…what could it be?. Ahah it’s just so you can spoil it for us non Americans.
    Why do you hate us so?.

• Ian says:

In other news, f_ck Comcast for not carrying HDNet.

• Fight Fan says:

Don’t you guys get advertising money?. I would say you guys are absolutely rolling in it and this mock draft may be a little less of a fantasy than you guys are letting on.

• Ed says:

What about the Five Ounces of Pain Resturant Review?

• Sam Cupitt says:

I doubt anyone would take food advice from a critic called Five Ounces Of Pain. Sounds like real bad sushi or some shit.

• Fight Fan says:

P.S. At the end of No country for old men the bad guy just walks away…that’s right, he just walks away.

• Fight Fan says:

If you guys want to see sothing funny check this out. Go to youtube type in the title FEDOR EMELIANENKO VS. RANDY COUTURE it should be one of the first options it gives you, the title is as above in all caps. It starts with white text on a black background saying “…I respect Randy very much…” . I think Dana White must be quite handy with his media editor. Watch and enjoy.

• Adam Morgan says:

Best DREAM card yet, without a doubt. Alvarez vs. Hansen was incredible.

• Zack says:

Great card.

Hellboy is tough as nails, but Eddie dominated that thing from start to finish. Eddie is going to win the whole thing and then have to retire from the sport due to sore nuts.

• Geiger says:

Uno stuffed Ishida’s takedowns and bloodied Ishida up pretty good with a beautiful uppercut, Uno also got the better of the exhanges. I failed to see any dominance from Ishida.

• bjjdenver says:

“Dream 3 results”…that headline kind of implies that the results will be following. Not like MMAWeekly who runs headlines like Alvarez,Diaz,Uno win.

Anyways, great card. I liked 2 better, but that was just my opinion. Alvarez was awesome and that was definitely one of the best of 2008 so far. Can’t wait for 4!

I just wish there was a way that we could see some of these lws fighting some of the UFC’s best. Of course that is just fan dreaming, but it sure would be fun.

• bjjdenver says:

sorry, meant recap.

• Fujin says:

I’d like to see Kawajiri/Aoki, Kawajiri/Uno, Uno/Aoki. And most likely we’ll see one of those fights in the semi-finals and another in the finals. Awesome.

I call MW final four as Mayhem, Dong, Jacare, and Mousasi.

• j says:

Just woke up. I was planning on watching 1 or 2 fights than Tivo and watch in the AM but the action was too good.

Alvarez v Hansen definitely fight of the year.
    Ishida actually threw a punch which was new and exciting to see. Happy he lost though.
    Mayhem was Mayhem but he might want to play less. His chin was up and a better opponent could of hurt him.

• Rich S. says:

#6 and #8,

here we go again.. another person complaining about results being posted..

just a word to the wise there..
    when the headline is DREAM 3 “RECAP”…
    don’t scroll down..

• Sam Caplan says:

I think I am going to write ESPN.com to complain about the updates they give on games before I’ve had a chance to watch them. I’d really like to be able to read sports content without them insisting on making references to results that have taken place. The nerve of them!!!

• ttt says:

the Alvarez Hansen fight is up on the “usual” sources now. after seeing it, so far this is the Fight of the Year. standup, takedowns, submissions, it’s got it all at a very high technical level and the fighters show a lot of respect towards each other which was also very nice to see. hopefully this puts an end to comments about how Baroni/Hose and Le/Shamrock are Fight of the Year worthy.

Alvarez is incredible, i didn’t know about him before this GP, but he’s really taking advantage and showing what he’s got. very impressive and he’s extremely strong for this weightclass.

• the one says:

jayson miller is great man i like him,actually that is the first time i saw him fight and he is good fighter unlike those top 10 in the ufc..

• zack says:

did you watch the uno/ishida fight, or just make that stuff up about the 1st round? uno dominated the entire fight, ishida was never in control. are you blind?

• Yes I am actually. And I’m very sensitive about it and would hope people wouldn’t poke fun.

To keep me up until 8am there might have been alcohol involved. This is quite clear from the first fight recap to the last. More quantity, less quality. It’s quite sad looking back at it actually.

• Fight Fan says:

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS you’re right that is a hassle.

• Fight Fan says:

For all thoese saying “recap” is as effective as WARNING umm..it’s not. Thats why we have warning signs. It is just something I thought would be nice to do for bloggers who stumble across this blog etc. Its not the end of the world to have to put three words on the top of a page to help out others. Stop being wankers and realise that not everyone is as up to date as you. It sounds petty when you say “just except it”, when all you have to do is write three words. I mean poor you.

• Kogepan says:

Seriously, STFU about posting ‘spoilers’. What do you expect them to post??

Great night of fights, again, love the fact there were EIGHT fights shown and it wasn’t even on PPV!][

A warning dick head

• Fight Fan says:

Sorry but i mean relly I just said it would be nice to have a warning and I get that! “what do you want them to post” a warning like I just said…duh.

• Reaser says:

hahah, that’s funny, you’ve been saying post a warning and people keep asking you what do you want them to post…

a goddamn warning…come on people…

haha…

• Fight Fan says:

Look if you don’t want to warn people cool. But realise insted of writing three words you refuse, so you can…what? what do you get from not writing those three words. If an event has just happened in my neck of the woods and the coverage is being shown delayed or something a lot of the time we receive a heads up or look away if you don’t want to know the score. I don’t want you not to post the result so stop implying that. You are going to do whatever you want anyway but I think you are being little tiny weeny eeny bit of a @#$#@.

• ttt says:

there is a 3 word warning “Dream 3 Recap”
    if that’s enough of a warning, too bad

• ttt says:

*if that’s NOT enough of a warning, too bad

• I would like to see Diaz whip Diego Sanchez. I absolutely hate Diego…hate him………..

• Kogepan says:

maybe spending hours posting on this thread about ‘warnings’ you shoudl WATCH the fights intead???

or maybe lookup the word ‘recap’ in the dictionary? What kind or inbred moron doesn’t expect results from a recap of a fight card????

• Fight Fan says:

Dream 3 recap. Look as I said its just words wh the drama. Other sites do it? Obviously I’m not the first to sugest it and I garantee I wont be the last. As for ttt who’s talking to you. YOU don’t matter. As fotr Kogepan
    “What kind or inbred moron ” well…

“what do you want them to post” not that kind …duh dickhead.

• Fight Fan says:

Look this has gone too far obviously this site doesn’t want to do it, fine thats OK but the hate I recieved from other posts is strange! what does it matter to you? I wasn’t talking to other people who post obviously. I was just sugesting they help people out with a warning, three words! and it’s as if I wanted you guys to shoot the president or something. I hate to put you guys out so much it was just a sugestion to help make this site better. You may disagree but why?. personaly I didn’t care about these results but it stood out to me as a possible spoiler for others. The Pride site did it (gave warnings). Warning Spoilers see thats only 2 words and I didn’t have to use caps lock either. Why the drama?

• ttt says:

“As for ttt who’s talking to you. YOU don’t matter.”
    absolutely correct, but you matter just as little as i do

dude get over it, your suggestion has been considered, but nobody else has a problem with the current state of titling

• Fight Fan says:

” your suggestion has been considered” I’m glad to see you have considered it mate but again WHO ARE YOU.

• Rich S. says:

fight fan,
    recap is the same as WARNING OMG THERE’S FREAKING SPOILERS, IF YOU’RE FIGHTFAN YOU BETTER NOT READ THIS POST THERE’S SPOILERS! SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!! OMGGGG!!

put it this way..
    if you see recap in the headline.. what does that tell you??
    hmmm.. they’re going to go over the event..
    now, what kind of recap would it be if it just said “Well, Alvarez/Hansen was pretty good.. there was some good standup and a nice ground battle.. ummm.. they kept a good pace.. the energy was high.. it was a great showing from both guys.. and one of them won..”
    or
    “Mayhem/Shibata was a good fight.. they came out and striked.. and went to the ground.. you know, the usuall MMA match.. oh.. by the way.. one of them won..and you may never know who that was unless you somehow find a way to watch the fight.. good luck..”

that would just be ridiculous..
    you know if they’re recap’ing the event.. they’re gonna give results.. and details..

just like ESPN.. if it’s football season.. every monday morning you can see the big result marquee at the top of the site.. but.. they don’t say “WATCH OUT.. DON’T LOOK AT THE MARQUEE RIGHT UNDER THIS!! THERE’S SPOILERS.. WE MAY BE A SPORT COVERAGE SITE.. BUT WE DO OUR BEST NOT TO COVER SPORTS!”

• Fight Fan says:

Did it say results or recap can you have a fight card recap a weigh in recap a injury recap . Why not warn people WITH A WARNING! Sam said they don’t warn people himself !he said stay away from the site. What does it matter to you Rich S ? Tell me because it just looks like you’re attacking me for no reason. What does it matter to you.

• Fight Fan says:

Your argument doesn’t make sense GVE RESULTS WITH A WARNING is that clear Rich.

• Fight Fan says:

#6″Not getting upset but how about a WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS type thing”

Thats all this started out as and it seems that is just unexceptable.

Asking for a warning before results is truely out of line it seems and I apologise.

• tron7 says:

#6?Not getting upset but how about a WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS type thing”

Have I stumbled into an alternate universe where these are somehow incendiary words. If you don’t want to do it, fine. Why the vitriol?

• Rich S. says:

Fight Fan,
    i wasn’t attacking you.. it’s just a weird topic that annoys me..

• AG Silver says:

Wow really? Is this what this has come to?? *sigh*

Recap [short for recapitulation]:
    (from dictionary.com)
    re·ca·pit·u·la·tion (r?’k?-p?ch’?-l?’sh?n) pronunciation
    n.
    1. The act or process of recapitulating.
    2. A summary or concise review.

Maybe things are done differently across the pond but if I see the words “DREAM.3 recap” posted after the event is completed (remember the event ended at 8AM EST), then I would figure this to be a recap of the ACTUAL EVENT!!!!

I only recall weigh-ins to be posted here for UFC events (someone correct if I’m wrong). And even when they are posted it is CLEARLY about the weigh-ins and nothing else.

Can we plz call it a day and forget this already? It was a misunderstanding by FightFan but lets get off his back. I think all of these posts have pointed out to him where we feel he went wrong in his assumption.

– AG

(For the record, I don’t feel there is a need for a spoiler alert unless the title is purposely misleading)

• AG Silver says:

Damn I’m a douche for double posting. Sorry ’bout that everyone.