5 Oz Exclusive: Joe McCall out of May 31 EliteXC fight with Carlton Haselrig

joe-mccall.jpgFiveOuncesOfPain.com has learned through sources close to Joe McCall that he will be unable to compete on the May 31 EliteXC undercard due to unforeseen family obligations.

As we reported yesterday, McCall, who is 4-0 in his fighting career, was scheduled to fight former NFL All-Pro offensive lineman and six-time NCAA wrestling champion Carlton Haselrig, who is 1-0 in his mixed martial arts career.

Former Giants fullback Jarrod Bunch and former IFL heavyweight Bryan Vetell had previously been approached as opponents for Haselrig but the camps were unable to come to an agreement with EliteXC due to financial concerns.

No replacement for McCall has yet been finalized.

• John says:

lol YOU GUYS JUST ANNOUNCED THIS MONDAY NIGHT THAT HE WAS FIGHTING NOW NOT EVEN 2 FULL DAYS LATER HE’S OUT

• Adam Morgan says:

John-

In case you haven’t noticed, things change quite rapidly in MMA booking.

• cheapshot says:

and also, lol? oh dear me

• bjjdenver says:

Somebody get Tank on the phone!

Not complaining, just struck me as interesting.

• John says:

Adam Morgan, oh really thanks. I merely thought it was funny that they made a “big” announcement that a fighter on an undercard we wouldn’t see anyways is already off of it. And cheapshot shut the hell up hah making fun of me for saying lol, who the hell says oh dear me? oh me oh my

• Brent says:

“Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of news/pr around an undercard fight/fighter?”

Shhh!

• Ryder Die says:

I think Haselrig must be for real because it is impossible to get a fight for him. No one can get enough money to face him. I liked this guy as a long time Pittsburgh fan and I get the feeling in my opinion he will have a sucessful stint in MMA. Id like to see him against Bunch but I guess that isnt happening.

• Garbo's Boner says:

Someone get Cabbage on the phone pronto!

• Tony Fennen says:

I really doubt people are scared of Haselrig.
    Its just got to a point in MMA were people are not going to fight for free anymore.
    Most of these guys train full time and pay should reflect that.

• Brent says:

Lembo just ok’ed Carlos Moreno as replacement – we probably won’t hear anything about Haselrig again after this bout.

• RUSH...! says:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!”CARLOS MORENO”this is gonna be one 4 the records carlos has very nice stand up with EXPLOSIVE POWER never seen the gound game but it’s because he destroy’s everything in his path before they even shoot in. but good luck killer or should i say the”TYRANT”……..