All 22 fighters set to appear at UFC 84: “Ill Will” successfully made weight at today pre-fight weigh-in held at The MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. There was a lot of excitement surrounding many of the card’s bigger fights. However as usual, Tito Ortiz went on to steal the show with his wardrobe, which contained some choice words regarding one Mr. Dana White (watch the weigh-in replay video). White, coincidentally, was not in attendance at the event.
The results of the weigh-in go as follows:
- B.J. Penn (155) vs. Sean Sherk (155) (for UFC Lightweight Championship)
- Keith Jardine (205) vs. Wanderlei Silva (205)
- Lyoto Machida (203) vs. Tito Ortiz (205)
- Thiago Silva (205) vs. Antonio Mendes (203)
- Wilson Gouveia (205) vs. Goran Reljic (205)
- Ivan Salaverry (185) vs. Rousimar Palhares (185)
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (204) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (206)
- Rich Clementi (155) vs. Terry Etim (155)
- Jon Koppenhaver (170) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170)
- Dong-Hyun Kim (171) vs. Jason Tan (170)
- Christian Wellisch (230) vs. Shane Carwin (252)
UFC 84: “Ill Will” is set to air live on pay-per-view beginning tomorrow night, Saturday May 24, at 10pm ET/7pm PT. Be sure to join us at Five Ounces of Pain for all the UFC 84 content you can handle!
Don’t forget about the Live Results and Chat event going on tomorrow night during the fights!